At Flora & Fauna we have three different brands of menstrual cups, Organicup, JuJu and Lunette. All are very popular and have great reviews.
What is a menstrual cup?
A menstrual cup is a medical grade silicone cup. It is folded and inserted into the vagina and collects menstrual fluid. They can be worn for up to 12 hours so are ideal for using during the day and at night. You can empty and reuse. Some people wear panty liners or pads with them during the heavier part of their period but most people just wear them on their own.
What are the benefits of menstrual cups?
- Environmentally friendly as there is nothing to throw away.
- Economic as they can last for many years, saving you money.
- Comfortable reliable and free from leaks and odours.
- Convenient, compact, collects more than a tampon or pad and can be worn for many hours.
- Safe as it contains no harmful substances and won't cause vaginal dryness.
- Hygienic, easy to clean and disinfect.
- Ideal for women who are active and for those who travel or play sports.
Which reusable cup is for me?
OrganiCup, Lunette and JuJu are very similar in being made from medical grade silicone. OrganiCup is a Danish brand new to Australia, JuJu and Lunette we have had for a while. Lunette is a European brand and JuJu is an Australian brand made in Australia. They both work in exactly the same way but some things you might consider...
- Lunette comes in different colours
- All have grippy stems
- OrganiCup is the most affordable
- Lunette has two sizes, JuJu has four sizes, OrganiCup has two sizes
- Do have a look at the reviews on our website too
Which size is for me?
Whilst there are no hard and fast rules for selecting a model size, model selection is generally based on flow, childbearing history, and cervival position, but many other factors such as anatomy, age and pelvic floor tone may influence your cup size selection.
- Model A: Recommend if you have a light-medium flow and have not given birth. The diameter of the OrganiCup menstrual cup model 1 is 40 mm by 50 mm in length. The stem measures 15 mm. The volume of the cup is 25 ml.
- Model B: Recommend if you have a medium-heavy flow or have given birth. The diameter of the OrganiCup menstrual cup model 2 is 45 mm by 55 mm in length. The stem measures 15 mm. The volume of the cup is 30 ml.
- Model 1: Recommend if you have a light-medium flow and have not yet had sexual intercourse (Grippy Finish). The diameter of the Lunette menstrual cup model 1 is 41 mm by 47 mm in length. The stem measures 25 mm. The volume of the cup is 20 ml.
- Model 2: Recommend if you have a medium-heavy flow, are sexually active or have given birth (Grippy Finish). The diameter of the Lunette menstrual cup model 2 is 46 mm by 52 mm in length. The stem measures 20 mm. The volume of the cup is 25 ml.
- Model 1: Recommend if you are under 30 and have not given birth (Grippy Finish).
- Model 2: Recommend if you are over 30 or have given birth (Grippy Finish).
- Model 3: Recommend if you have a high cervix or long vaginal canal (Grippy Finish).
- Model 4: Recommend if you have a low cervix or short vaginal canal (Grippy Finish).
You can shop all our reusable menstrual cups at Flora & Fauna. If you want to combine then with reusable pads you can find them here.