Are you looking to spice up your lunches? You have to try Pimp My Salad's Roasted Chickpea Salad. It has the right level of spice, crunch, tang and healthy greens to keep you fueled for the day ahead.
Check out the recipe below.
For the Salad:
- Top with Spiced Sunflower Seeds
For the Chickpeas:
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic pepper
- 1 tsp Moroccan seasoning
- 1 tbsp tahini
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 tsp white vinegar
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tbsp water (for runnier consistency)
Note: Feel free to transfer this into a jar. It will keep in the fridge for 3-4 days.
- Preheat fan forced oven to 180 degrees.
- In a bowl, add all ingredients for roasted chickpeas, ensuring all chickpeas are coated.
- Place chickpeas on lined baking tray (we love Ever Eco's Reusable Silicone Mat) in a single layer and place in oven. Cook for 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine dressing ingredients.
- Combine salad, chickpeas and dressing.
- Top with Spiced Sunflower Seeds and serve!
We think this salad is absolutely perfect for spring! It ticks off everything you could look for in a salad — crunch, spice, tang and healthy greens!
For more delicious lunch recipes, make sure to take a look at the blogs below: