How it works
With Afterpay, you can get your order now and pay it off later in 4 easy, fortnighlty payments.Learn more
That Red House Organic Soapberries, are a natural alternative to laundry detergent.
Soapberries are the natural alternative to traditional laundry detergents and fabric softeners. They are often called 'soapnuts', but they are not nuts at all. They are in fact a fruit!
Soapberries are the fruit of the Sapindus Mukorossi tree, which grows in several different regions around the world, but is most prevalent in the Himalayas. The shell of the fruit is then collected, dried and packed for use. The shell is exceptionally high in 'saponin' which is nature's soap. This saponin content reduces the surface tension of the water so it will remove dirt and leave fabrics, soft and clean.
That Red House Soapberries are harvested from wild trees in the pristine Himalayan mountains of Nepal, by small local communities. By purchasing this product, you are supporting the 'Grow Nepal' initiative which creates a future for the Nepalese people, and encourages sustainable practices across the planet.
Why are soapberries so fantastic?
- Easy to use odourless, gentle and reusable
- Hypo-allergenic. Perfect for those with allergies or sensitive skin.
- Harsh chemical free, grey water safe, septic safe and fully compostable.
- 100% sustainable, and their use ensures that deforestation is reduced in the Himalayas.
- Eliminates the need for fabric softeners, they leave clothes feeling soft and fresh.
- Certified organic by international certification body Ecocert and USDA.
- Anti-bacterial and anti-fungal.
- 100% Australian owned company.