Onya Compostable Small Bin Liner, 8L, 25 Bags
Onya's compostable bin liners are available in 4 sizes (8L, 30L, 36L and 60L) and are made from 100% GMO free renewable plants and are free from any plastic additives such as Polypropylene, Polyethylene, Polystyrene & PVC.
These compostable bin liners are certified compostable in industrial composting facilities. As industrial composting facilities operate hot composts of between 50c-60c, the bags will break down within around 12 weeks. The bags will break down over a longer period of time in general waste facilities, however due to the lack of necessary microbes found in these facilities it can take 6-12 months or more for the bags to break down to their natural cellulose beginnings. Although at this stage the bags aren’t certified “home compostable” they can still be used in this environment, but like a general waste facility will simply take longer to break down if not hot composted.
Although bin liners have a litre capacity mentioned, this does not necessarily match the exact litre size of your bin. Due to the gusseted bottom in the bag, the bags lose a little height when in the bin, so we recommend the following:
- 8L Liner – 5-6 Litre capacity bins
- 30L Liner – 15-20 Litre capacity bins
- 36L Liner – 25- 30 Litre capacity bins
- 60L Liner – 45-55 Litre capacity bins
Bin shapes can vary, but the bags do fit most bin types if matched to bin sizing mentioned above.
- 100% GMO free renewable plant based compostable bags
- Each roll includes 25 compostable bin liners
- Superior puncture and tear resistance
- Available in 4 sizes (8L 30L 36L and 60L)
- 8L measures 35.5cm long x 41cm wide
- 30L measures 57cm long x 51cm wide
- 36L measures 65cm long x 56cm wide
- 60L measures 80cm long x 65cm wide
- 100% Certified Compostable to Australian, US, European and Japanese standards
- Deemed “worm safe” with no micro-plastics residue left behind
- Free from sulphates, petrochemicals, and parabens
IMPORTANT NOTES FOR USE: As these liners are compostable, unlike traditional single use plastic bin liners, it is important they are used ideally within 3-6 months of purchase and kept in a cool dark space, otherwise they may start to break down. Compostable bin liners need to be treated slightly differently to traditional plastic bin liners as the material they are made from is designed to break down easier than plastic, which is a good thing, however, this may mean that if placing wet waste in your bin liners you need to empty your bin more frequently as if moisture is added, the composting process may begin and could lead to spills or splitting when emptying your bin on a weekly basis. If possible, wrapping your wet waste in old newspaper first may help increase the life of your bag by preventing moisture from building up.
Onya is a wonderful Aussie company from WA who have been around for a few years and are doing great things for our environment. Onya continually look for better alternatives to products we use everyday and seek to remove single use plastic from our everyday lives. We love their ethics and vision and can't wait to see what else they have on offer.
Use to replace bin liners or for composting.
100% GMO free renewable plant based.