With less than 10 ingredients, this classic treat with a healthy twist is sure to be a crowd pleaser. Made with homemade chocolate using cacao butter and cacao powder, this delicious dessert requires no oven time and is super quick to prepare.
Avoiding processed sugar? Our rocky road recipe is naturally sweetened with rice malt syrup so you can feel good about what you're putting inside. What’s more, it’s packed with raw activated nuts for crunch and topped with freeze dried raspberries for that extra vibrant zing.
Looking for an option to satisfy the little ones in your life too? Add some marshmallows for an extra gooey texture the kids will love.
- Treat for little ones? Make some homemade marshmallows for a gooey texture they’ll love.
- Big on fudge? Add some nut butter to the chocolate mix for a more fudgy texture.
- Love extra crunch? Adding in seed mix is a great way to go.
- All about zesty, zingy flavours? For a citrus taste, add in the zest of one orange.
- 2 cups cacao butter solids
- ¼ - ½ cup rice syrup or maple syrup
- 2 cups organic cacao powder
- ½ cup organic pecans
- ½ cup organic hazelnuts
- ½ cup pistachios
- 2-4 Tablespoons organic goji berries
- 2 Tablespoons organic cacao nibs
- To make the chocolate, melt the cacao butter in a double boiler. Measure the cacao butter in it’s solid form. Once the cacao butter is completely melted, remove from heat, and allow to cool slightly before adding in your choice of sweetener.
- Sift in cacao powder and stir until the mixture is smooth and glossy. Add half of each of the nuts, goji berries and cacao nibs into the chocolate and mix.
- Pour the mixture into a lined 20cmx20cm dish, then sprinkle with the remaining nuts, goji berries and cacao nibs to decorate.
- Let sit at room temperature until completely solid. Cut into bite-sized pieces to serve.
- Store at room temperature in a sealed container.
Note: If you want it to set quickly, you can pop it into the fridge – but you’ll need to store it in the fridge as it’ll be heat sensitive and become soft at room temperature.
Makes: 25 servings | Total time: 20 minutes
About the Author