Short for time this festive season? These deliciously rich truffles are quick to make and guaranteed to hit the spot. Stay nourished this Christmas with feel-good options that are good for you – and taste great too.
From tangy raspberry to salty pistachio or chocolate, have your choice with a selection of delicious toppings to complete this recipe.
With only 5 simple ingredients, they make a thoughtful gift idea that’s easy on the wallet – or as an after-dinner treat when you’re feeling peckish.
For when cravings call: Raw Cacao
Containing a rich combination of antioxidants, raw cacao powder is a nourishing choice for your mind, bod and soul. From your soothing cup of cacao to your everyday snack – like these truffle bites, satisfy sweet cravings with this nutritious choice.
Here’s why I love cacao:
- Rich in B vitamins for thriving energy
- Contains minerals like calcium and iron
- No added sugar
- Great source of antioxidants
- 20 Medjool dates
- 4 TB raw cacao powder
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 3 TB coconut cream
- 4 TB coconut milk powder
- Remove pips from dates and soak in boiling water for 10 minutes until softened. Drain and blend into a smooth paste.
- Transfer date paste to a medium bowl and sieve in cacao, almond meal and coconut milk powder. Add coconut cream and combine well.
- Roll mixture into balls and refrigerate for 10 minutes to set.
- Decorate by rolling truffles in chopped pistachios, freeze dried raspberry powder and cacao powder.
- Store and enjoy straight from the freezer (this keeps them nice and chewy).
Time: 20 minutes
Makes: 20 large truffles
About the Author