Ahh, the Sticky Date Pudding— a classic treat! This is a great weekend dessert that you can make for friends and family to enjoy, but if you've got a hankering mid-week for this delectable treat, we've got a mug cake version! Hallelujah!
It's super simple and very quick to make so you'll have your treat in no time. Most ingredients you'll probably already have in your pantry.
Sticky Date Mug Cake
3 medjool dates pitted and chopped
2 tbsp boiling water
2 tbsp almond butter
3 tbsp oat flour
3 tbsp Ulu Hye Nut Mylk
1 tsp chia seeds
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
pinch of salt
- Cover the dates with boiling water so they soften.
- In a small bowl mix chia seeds and 1 tbsp of nut milk and set aside.
- Combine all ingredients EXCEPT dates in a mug or mini ceramic bowl, pressing out any lumps, then add the dates and stir through.
- Microwave for 2 minutes or bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes on 175°C.
- While pudding is cooking, combine caramel sauce ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Drizzle over sticky date mug cake, dollop coconut yogurt on top and enjoy!