If you're a bread lover or are looking to start marking your bread from scratch, you have to try this focaccia recipe.
Focaccia is an oven-baked italian bread. It's flat and a similar style and texture to pizza. Focaccia can be served as a sandwich bread or a side dish. It can also be round, square or rectangular in shape. Today, our ambassador Alicia is sharing her tasty focaccia recipe. Follow along and discover what fun toppings she uses.
- 4 cups all-purpose flour or bread flour
- 2 teaspoons instant yeast
- 2 cups warm water
- 4 tablespoons olive oil + extra for greasing
- Sea salt
- 2 large organic heirloom tomatoes, sliced
- 1/4 cup Pimp My Salad Sea Superfoods Sprinkles
Image: Instagram / @mindfullyholistic_
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour and instant yeast.
- Add the water slowly until the liquid is absorbed and a sticky dough forms.
- Pour 2 tablespoon of olive oil over the top of the dough ball, and then cover the bowl with a tea towel and place in the fridge for at least 12 hours.
- Line a baking tray, and pour the rest of the olive oil into the centre of the tray.
- Rub your hands in oil, and then lift your dough onto the baking tray, pressing down so that the dough fills the tray, and create deep dimples in the top of the dough.
- Place the sliced tomatoes on top of the dough, and sprinkle the Pimp My Salad Sea Superfoods Sprinkles in your desired pattern.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until the underside is golden and crisp.
- Remove the pans or pan from the oven and transfer the focaccia to a cooling rack, allowing to cool for 10 minutes before cutting and serving.
So there you have it, your very own italian twist on focaccia! We'd love to know what other toppings you like to use on your focaccia, so don't forget to leave us a comment below!
Looking for more tasty recipe ideas? Enjoy our suggestions below: