If you're looking to make vegan ice cream look no further.
These vegan ice creams are super easy to make and free from refined sugar. No need to have milk on hand, just add a dollop of an Ulu Hye base into your blender with the rest of your ice cream ingredients!
We love adding protein powder to our treats. The protein component helps us feel full, helps stabilise our blood glucose levels and, being vanilla, is delicious without being overly sweet. Enjoy!
What you'll need
- 4 ice-cream moulds
- Popsicle sticks
- a blender or food processor
- 3 chopped frozen bananas
- 1/4 cup coconut cream
- 1 tsp Almond Mylk Base
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp vanilla protein powder
- Place all ingredients in your blender or food processor and process until you have a smooth, lump-free consistency
- Pour mix into your ice cream mould and smooth out any lumps or bumps
- Pop into your freezer overnight or for at least 4-6 hours
- About an hour before you want to eat your ice creams, double boil the dark chocolate and melt
- Once melted, place into the fridge to cool down. This will make dipping your ice creams easier. Don’t cool down so much that it solidifies – you still want to be able to pour
Decorate your ice creams how you like. We did the following –
- dip ice cream into the chocolate and cover completely, then sprinkle activated buckwheat on top
- dip the top of your ice cream and drizzle chocolate across, forming zig-zag lines
- dip ice cream into chocolate, covering completely and sprinkling cocoa dust on top
- dip ice cream into cocoa dust, covering completely
- Consume straight away or pop back into the freezer for later!
We hope you love this recipe! If you're keen on vegan recipes, you can check out our other recipes here.
And if you like sweet treats, you might like these recipes: