That Red House Soapberries & Laundry Tonic Kit
Certified Organic, Natural Alternative to Washing your Clothes
Select Your Choice of Laundry Tonic
Biodegradable, Grey Water Safe and Septic Tan Safe
Save 5% on this Kit
or make 4 payments of $10.11 with
Customise Your Purchase
Laundry Tonic - Pick 1
500g Soapnuts - Included
That Red House Organic Soapberries PLUS Laundry Tonic Kit.
Includes 500g Soapberries plus your choice of Laundry Tonic.
500g will result in 180+ washes.
Soapberries are the natural alternative to traditional laundry detergents and fabric softeners. They are often called 'soapnuts', but they are not nuts at all. They are in fact a fruit!
Soapberries are the fruit of the Sapindus Mukorossi tree, which grows in several different regions around the world, but is most prevalent in the Himalayas. The shell of the fruit is then collected, dried and packed for use. The shell is exceptionally high in 'saponin' which is nature's soap. This saponin content reduces the surface tension of the water so it will remove dirt and leave fabrics, soft and clean.
That Red House Soapberries are harvested from wild trees in the pristine Himalayan mountains of Nepal, by small local communities. By purchasing this product, you are supporting the 'Grow Nepal' initiative which creates a future for the Nepalese people, and encourages sustainable practices across the planet.
Why are soapberries so fantastic?
- Easy to use and reusable
- Soapberries (also known as soap nuts) are a natural alternative to traditional laundry detergents and soap.
- Hypo-allergenic. Perfect for those with allergies or sensitive skin.
- Money saving. Soapberries cost around 10c per wash load for a 1kg bag. Compared to conventional washing powders, they can save you a great deal over the course of a year.
- Harsh chemical free, grey water safe, septic safe and fully compostable.
- Soapberries are 100% sustainable, and their use ensures that deforestation is reduced in the Himalayas.
- Soapberries eliminate the need for fabric softeners as they leave clothes feeling soft and fresh.
- Our 'That Red House' soapberries are also certified organic by international certification body Ecocert and USDA.
- Soapberries can be used in any area of the home. They can be used as laundry detergent, shampoo, hand wash, household cleaner, body wash and have many more applications.
- Anti-bacterial and anti-fungal.
- Not tested on animals.
- Perfect for babies and children as they are extremely gentle yet effective.
- Reduces pollution.
- Soapberry trees are often subject to deforestation, so purchasing them ensures that they are maintained as a form of income for the Nepalese people, thus reducing deforestation.
- No pesticides, fertilisers or chemical treatments have been used in the growing or storing process. This ensures that nothing but 100% natural organic products are used in your home.
- Nothing is more precious than your health and the health of your family. Conventional soaps and detergents contain a veritable cocktail of chemicals, capable of causing untold health problems now and into the future.
100% Australian owned company.
- Simply add 5 whole shells (or equivalent) to the provided wash bag, and throw it in the machine... its that simple!
- Add a drop or two of the laundry tonic to te hbag.
- Each set of shells will do approx 5 wash loads, depending on water temperature and wash cycle, etc.
- You can make a potent multi-purpose liquid by boiling the berries for 15 mins, and use the liquid for anything from a shampoo to a cleaner.
Soapberries and Laundry Tonic
Works a treat!By: Kaitlin on 8 December 2018Purchased the soapberries with the Fresh Linen scented laundry tonic as we were looking for an eco friendly alternative to the usual liquid detergent that we get. The soapberries are amazing! I can't believe that a few nuts can clean your clothes and clean them well. I am on my 3rd load with the same 3 nuts and they are still going strong. The fresh linen scent smells great. I will never go back to the liquid detergent from the supermarket.
Amazing!By: Anonymous on 5 October 2018I have 7 kids and a hard working construction husband and these work Amazing! I'm saving so much money compared to buying supermarket detergents. Subtle smell but can be well masked with essential oils
So far, so good!By: Melanie Vine on 7 September 2018I've done around 6 loads of washing with these amazing little berries & laundry tonic so far, and my impression is, they do a darn good job. I work in an office and go to the gym, and occasionally, as sometimes happens, spill stuff on myself. I don't have a job or hobby that generates lots of heavily dirty clothes is what I'm saying. But, the clothes and towels etc I've washed so far feel, smell and look clean. And I'm confident its better for the environment. Be interesting to see if there's cost savings too, in time.
Love these berries!By: Katie on 18 May 2018Absolutely love the berries for my linen, towels and napkins. It's also great for my clothes which are less dirty than my husbands - Next test will be trying them out on his clothes! I find that washing a smaller load, they are a much more effective (as in don't jam pack the machine! A lesson for me!) I adore the scent (I think mine is the linen one) - it's an absolute joy to pull the clean load of the machine and hang it out. Aromatherapy in everyday household chores. Thanks guys! (And I love that there's zero waste!!)
Not quiteBy: Jane on 31 March 2018I had been meaning to try soap berries for years and finally decided to do it. Unfortunately they haven’t cleaned our clothes to the same degree the environmentally friendly detergent that we use does. We have a toddler so things get messy. Maybe my expectations were too high but we’ve had to go back to our old system despite investing in the berries. Perhaps when we aren’t so covered in a day in the life of a toddler we can try again.