That Red House Soapberries & Laundry Tonic Kit
Certified Organic, Natural Alternative to Washing your Clothes
Select Your Choice of Laundry Tonic
Biodegradable, Grey Water Safe and Septic Tan Safe
Save 5% on this Kit
or make 4 payments of $10.11 with
Customise Your Purchase
Laundry Tonic - Pick 1
500g Soapnuts - Included
That Red House Organic Soapberries PLUS Laundry Tonic Kit.
Includes 500g Soapberries plus your choice of Laundry Tonic.
500g will result in 180+ washes.
Soapberries are the natural alternative to traditional laundry detergents and fabric softeners. They are often called 'soapnuts', but they are not nuts at all. They are in fact a fruit!
Soapberries are the fruit of the Sapindus Mukorossi tree, which grows in several different regions around the world, but is most prevalent in the Himalayas. The shell of the fruit is then collected, dried and packed for use. The shell is exceptionally high in 'saponin' which is nature's soap. This saponin content reduces the surface tension of the water so it will remove dirt and leave fabrics, soft and clean.
That Red House Soapberries are harvested from wild trees in the pristine Himalayan mountains of Nepal, by small local communities. By purchasing this product, you are supporting the 'Grow Nepal' initiative which creates a future for the Nepalese people, and encourages sustainable practices across the planet.
Why are soapberries so fantastic?
- Easy to use and reusable
- Soapberries (also known as soap nuts) are a natural alternative to traditional laundry detergents and soap.
- Hypo-allergenic. Perfect for those with allergies or sensitive skin.
- Money saving. Soapberries cost around 10c per wash load for a 1kg bag. Compared to conventional washing powders, they can save you a great deal over the course of a year.
- Completely chemical free, grey water safe, septic safe and fully compostable.
- Soapberries are 100% sustainable, and their use ensures that deforestation is reduced in the Himalayas.
- Soapberries eliminate the need for fabric softeners as they leave clothes feeling soft and fresh.
- Our 'That Red House' soapberries are also certified organic by international certification body Ecocert and USDA.
- Soapberries can be used in any area of the home. They can be used as laundry detergent, shampoo, hand wash, household cleaner, body wash and have many more applications.
- Anti-bacterial and anti-fungal.
- Not tested on animals.
- Perfect for babies and children as they are extremely gentle yet effective.
- Reduces pollution.
- Soapberry trees are often subject to deforestation, so purchasing them ensures that they are maintained as a form of income for the Nepalese people, thus reducing deforestation.
- No pesticides, fertilisers or chemical treatments have been used in the growing or storing process. This ensures that nothing but 100% natural organic products are used in your home.
- Nothing is more precious than your health and the health of your family. Conventional soaps and detergents contain a veritable cocktail of chemicals, capable of causing untold health problems now and into the future.
100% Australian owned company.
- Simply add 5 whole shells (or equivalent) to the provided wash bag, and throw it in the machine... its that simple!
- Add a drop or two of the laundry tonic to te hbag.
- Each set of shells will do approx 5 wash loads, depending on water temperature and wash cycle, etc.
- You can make a potent multi-purpose liquid by boiling the berries for 15 mins, and use the liquid for anything from a shampoo to a cleaner.
Soapberries and Laundry Tonic
Great for the laundry and the environmentBy: Rachel Wells on 12 November 2017I stumbled across these whilst looking for a natural alternative to laundry powder and I have been really happy with the results. Clothes, sheets and towels always come out smelling lovely and fresh and there has been no compromise on cleanliness.
Soap BerriesBy: Karen on 27 September 2017As a first time user I’m really impressed with using soap berries- recommend anyone to give them a try!
SoapnutsBy: shelley Fitness on 16 September 2017love opening my flora and Fauna parcels, these soap berries and bags look great
Takes some getting used toBy: Marieke on 12 September 2017I love the idea of washing my clothes with natural and degradable products, but I also generally wash my clothes on cold water. I read that soap berries generally work much better in hotter water. I also noticed that my partners deodorant smells don't disappear after washing and still smell really strong even with using the oil I got with it. I will keep experimenting and trialling, but so far I'm not yet convinced.
SoapberriesBy: Kylie Myers on 4 September 2017I think they work .... all my clothes come out clean.... just need to work out how to get harder stains off.... boys work pants