If you're after a much-loved classic, then you can't go past the meat pie. See how our ambassador Trelawney veganises this Aussie favourite!
Image: Instagram / @peacefullyplantpowered
- 2 sheets of puff pastry
- 1 large shallot
- 1 carrot
- 2 stalks of celery
- 400g vegan bacon
- 100g Plantasy Foods Lentil & Walnut Mince
- 1 cup Vegetable Broth
- 1 cup Plantasy Foods Vegetable Gravy
- 1 1/2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp nuttelex spread + more to brush pastry
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Video: Instagram / @peacefullyplantpowered
- Preheat oven to 180c
- Oil pie dish, place in pastry and fit to size. Line with baking paper and fill with ceramic beads (or rice) and bake for 10 minutes or until golden.
- Prepare vegetables and mock bacon by dicing them into small pieces.
- Prepare walnut and lentil mince as per packet instructions, with beef stock added to the water.
- Prepare gravy as per packet instructions.
- In a large pot heat oil, melt butter and add vegetables and garlic. Cool until softened.
- Add mock bacon and mince and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce and gravy.
- Assemble the pie, brush pastry with melted butter and sprinkle sesame seeds. Bake at 180 degrees for approx 20 minutes or until golden.
- Serve and enjoy!