Who remembers chocolate yogo's? As a kid, these were so nostalgic and you were bound to see them in pretty much everyone's lunch box at school!
You'll need: Mad Millie Coconut Yoghurt Kit
Prep time: 30 minutes
Ready in: 15-20 hours
Makes Approx: 800g
- 800ml of coconut milk or cream
- 2 tbsp thickener
- 2 tbsp raw sugar
- 2 heaped tbsp cacao powder
- 1/2 satchet yoghurt culture
- A handful of ice
Video: Instagram / @peacefullyplantpowered
- Heat coconut milk over a medium heat (50-55 degrees) and cacao powder while stirring.
- Mix thickener and sugar together. Add 1/2 cup of heated coconut milk and mix to a smooth paste.
- Add paste to the pot and mix in well with a whisk.
- Heat and continue to stir until the mixture starts to thicken. Transfer to Mad Millies Jar (that comes in the coconut yoghurt pack).
- Cool to 40 degrees in an ice bath before adding yoghurt culture.
- Leave in a warm place (35-40 degrees) for 15-20 hours to ferment.
- Test if youghurt is slightly sour and has thickened. If not, ferment for an extra 5 hours.
- Place in the fridge where it can be stored for up to 2 weeks. It will thicken up even more in the fridge.
- Serve and enjoy!
Whether you're looking to jazz up and add some flavour to your regular yoghurt, or are wanting a healthier dessert option, then these chocolate yogo's will easily satisfy your cravings.
We love seeing how a blast from our past can be veganised in such a cool way. Plus, Mad Millie's Kits, make it such a fun activity to do with your kids. Check out their full range here.
For more dessert ideas, make sure to head over to our Recipes page and have a read of the below: