If you're looking for a dinner filled with veggies, or maybe you're trying to trick your kids into eating more greens — then you will love this hidden veggie pasta recipe.
Image: Instagram / @peacefullyplantpowered
Serves | 4
Video: Instagram / @peacefullyplantpowered
- Chop all vegetables into small chunks and finely chop parsley.
- Add oil to a large pot on medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic, cooking until softened.
- Add pumpkin, celery, carrots, zucchini, and tomatoes, then place the lid on. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add 900ml veggie stock to the pot, place the lid on top, and cook until carrots and pumpkin soften.
- Add tomato paste, oregano, basil, salt, pepper, and parsley to the pot. Stir until combined.
- Using a stick blender, blitz until the sauce is smooth. Leave to simmer on low heat.
- Prepare pasta as per packet instructions.
- Serve pasta with sauce on top (or mixed through if you prefer). Top the bowl with parmesan and more fresh parsley.
So whether you have veggies to use up, or your little ones are fussy, this tasty meal will be sure to do the trick!
Everything tastes better when pasta comes in a fun shape right? Thank you to our ambassador, Trelawney for sharing this sneaky and very tasty recipe with us.
Let us know if your kiddies liked this recipe and if they ate it all, maybe they can have dessert? Here are some healthy options below: