Looking for a healthy after-dinner treat? These bite-sized choc banana truffles are exactly what you've been looking for. Made with creamy bananas to give you that sweet, silky and creamy inside — this recipe requires just a handful of household ingredients. Read along!
Image: Instagram / @marigoldandsol
- 1.5 cups of oats
- 1 cup of sunflower seeds
- 2 large bananas mashed
- 2 tbsp Coconut Sugar
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup cacao
- 3 scoops Chocolate Protein
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
Choc coating - enough to double coat them (freeze in between each layer)
- Blend oats and sunflower seeds into a food processor, to create a flour-like consistency.
- Mix together the bananas, coconut sugar, chia seeds, cacao, chocolate protein, and coconut oil.
- Pour the mixture into a tray and let it set in the fridge.
- Once set, roll into balls.
- Melt dark chocolate and pana's hazelnut spread. Add in the coconut oil and mix it together.
- Coat the balls, then pop them into the freezer before adding another coat.
- Sprinkle with hemp seeds before setting the final choc coating
- Serve and enjoy!
Note: These truffles will keep in the freezer for months.
We think these truffles are absolutely epic! The banana acts as a great sweetener and they’re also date-free making them a great alternative for people who can’t/don’t like dates.
We like to have these treats in our freezer at all times — they make the perfect after-dinner treat with a cup of tea!
If you liked this recipe, we think you will also like the following: