A family in QLD have used QLD bananas to create some amazing products beneficial for our health including raw starch, smoothies and even flour for baking. Everything is vegan, gluten free, paleo and full of protein and fibre while being low GI. They have been so popular and we love they also support Australian business.
More about Resistant Banana Starch
This Australian Resistant Banana Starch is the highest grade and level of resistant starch in the world, clinically tested in an internationally accredited laboratory. Natural Evolution Green Banana Resistant Starch is used as a daily supplement for health and wellbeing. Entirely natural made from green Bananas grown on the Atherton Tablelands Australia. Resistant Starch is a food source that resists digestion in the small intestine and offers the consumer some very unique health benefits. It can be taken everyday with water or with a smoothie.
Benefits of Resistant Starch
1) Prebiotic - feed your microbiome and heal your gut. Green Banana Resistant Starch encourages the growth and activity of microorganisms (e.g. bacteria and fungi) this contributes to the well-being of you
2) Weight Loss - Resistant starch in this form allows you to eat once and feel very satisfied. Resistant Starch in this form also increases metabolism.
3) Increases absorption and capacity of antioxidants and minerals
4) Improves colon health
5) Helps prevent diabetes and aides in treatment of diabetes
6) Lower cholesterol and triglyceride levels
7) Boost the immune system by using a prebiotic
8) Helps reduce incidence of gallstones
9) Helps improve symptoms of diarrhoea
You could also get the benefits of Resistant Starch in pre-prepared smoothies which Natural Evolution has created and are delicious. And you can bake with banana flour. It can completely replace your standard white or self raising flour and is nutrient packed, light and delicious and a great prebiotic and source of dietary fibre.
Flora & Fauna acknowledges Traditional Owners of Country throughout Australia and recognises the continuing connection to lands, waters and communities. We pay our respect to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures; and to Elders past and present.