Flat rate delivery fee of $7.95 for orders up to $50 within Australia. Spend $50 or more and receive free shipping in Australia. Express shipping is $12.95 within Australia. International delivery starts from $10.
3 Winter Warming Recipes With Loving Earth Chocolate
23rd July 2020
We know it's tough waking up on a winter morning and rolling out of bed to change out of your comfies. If you're working from home like a lot of us, you have the luxury of being a few steps from your fridge and don't have to worry about packing a lunch to take to work with you.
With help from our sweetest friends at Loving Earth, we've put together 3 delicious recipes using their organic and fair trade vegan chocolate to keep you warm throughout the colder months. If you've got a sweet tooth, these recipes are for you!
If you're not a coffee drinker, a hot choccie can be just what you need to wake you up in the morning and keep you feeling warm and relaxed. Hot chocolate evokes memories of ski trips and hikes for us, where you'd stop for lunch and drink yours out of a thermos.
4 teaspoons of Loving Earth Drinking Chocolate dark or creamy
½ block Loving Earth Chocolate (of choice)
4 cups Nut Mylk
Choc Cacao Nibs
1. To melt the chocolate, put it in a stainless steel bowl over a saucepan of simmering water (on low heat).
2. Heat the milk of choice in a separate saucepan on the stove (we love Coconut or Oat Milk).
3. Blend all of the ingredients in a high-speed blender.
4. Pour into cups and enjoy!
Creamy Buckini porridge
Now, this isn't you average porridge that you begrudgingly scoffed down as a kid to be able to watch a few cartoons before school. This porridge is reinvented for your grown-up self that wants to be healthy but still have a bit of fun with your breakfast.
1. To prepare the buckinis and for them to be super creamy, soak the dry the kernels in the 1 1⁄2 cup of water, overnight.
2. The next morning, your buckinis would have soaked the water and the kernels will look slightly more “plump” and larger in size. Lightly rinse and pour the buckinis into a blender (or alternatively, a stick, immersion blender can be used). Blend until smooth.
3. Transfer the blended buckinis to a small to medium size saucepan and add the plant-based mylk, adding a little more or less, depending on how thick you want your porridge to be.
4. Lightly heat the porridge until it has absorbed more of the liquid, stirring with a wooden spon to ensure it doesn't burn.
5. Transfer the buckini porridge and divide between 2 bowls. Top with your favourite toppings – we love ours with a little more activated buckini kernels, cacao nibs, coconut chips, a big scoop of nut butter, blueberries and crushed nuts! So creamy and warming on a cold winters morning.
Warm Winter Chocolate Mug Cake
Looking for a cheeky after-dinner treat to go with your Netflix binge? This is a no-fuss, easy peasy chocolate mug cake that is sure to satisfy your tastebuds.
1. Add the almond meal, cacao, sugar, salt and baking powder to a mug. Stir or whisk to combine.
2. Pour in the coconut oil, nut-mylk, vanilla into the mug with the dry ingredients and stir well with a spoon. Sprinkle the chopped chocolate on top.
3. Cook in the microwave for 20-30 seconds. It will likely be a little undercooked in the middle at this point, which is what I like, but if you want it cooked more, microwave it another 10-20 seconds.
4. Eat immediately!
We won't judge you if you're drooling by now... What are you waiting for? Grab some Loving Earth Chocolate and get cracking!
Let us know your thoughts!
Don't Miss Out!
You'll be the first to hear about our latest offers, new arrivals & eco tips