Black Chicken Remedies Garshana Dry Body Brush
- Free Mini Body Oil - Use code BRUSH
- Bamboo and Sisal Body Brush
- Helps Stimulate, Reinvigorate and Detoxify the Skin
- Earn 35 Points
The ideal time to dry brush is in the morning before you shower, so that you can rinse off the impurities loosened by the massage.
Dry skin body brushing needn’t take long, 5 minutes 2-3 times per week is all that is required. The pressure should be a light yet firm brush upwards towards the heart (downwards from the shoulders). Starting at the feet sweep the brush upward followed by a sweep with your other hand (be gentle at first until your skin gets used to it) work the abdomen in circular clockwise movements and then do the arms, shoulders and back (do not use on the face). You may notice the odd blemish occurring due to the elimination process at the beginning. After your shower do not completely towel dry but allow the moisture to be retained on the skin and seal it with Black Chicken Remedies Love Your Body Oil, packed full of nutrients that treat your soul and pamper your senses.
Dedicate at least three to five minutes to brushing.
Follow these steps to perform the Garshana traditional Ayurvedic dry massage:
- Massage your entire body, excluding your face, chest, and heart. Avoid sensitive areas and anywhere the skin is broken or inflamed.
- Use circular strokes on the stomach and joints (shoulders, elbows, knees, wrists, hips, and ankles), and long sweeping strokes on the arms and legs.
- Apply light pressure where the skin is thin, such as the underarms, and harder pressure where the skin is thicker, such as the soles of the feet.
- The direction of the stroke should always be toward your heart as this helps drain lymph back to your heart. Massage from your feet upward, continuing up to your torso and on to your neck. Also massage from the hands to the shoulders. Continue for at least five minutes.
- Complete your Garshana with a shower.
- To enhance the release of toxins, end with a few cycles of hot then cold water. First turn the water to as hot as you can take it for several seconds, then to as cold as you can tolerate, then back to hot, and so on. This will stimulate the blood circulation and further invigorate the skin.
Do not use the Garshana if:
- Have any open wounds
- Your skin is extremely sensitive
- Have a sunburn
- Have inflamed skin
- Have a skin condition like psoriasis or eczema
Bamboo and Sisal Brush