That Red House Organic Soapberries (500g)
Certified Organic, Natural Alternative to Washing your Clothes
Easy to Use, Lasts 180+ washes
Biodegradable, Grey Water Safe and Septic Tan Safe
Multiple Uses including Household Cleaner, Handwash etc.
or make 4 payments of $6.25 with
That Red House Organic Soapberries, a Natural Alternative to Laundry Detergent, available at Flora & Fauna.
500g will result in 180+ washes.
Soapberries are the natural alternative to traditional laundry detergents and fabric softeners. They are often called 'soapnuts', but they are not nuts at all. They are in fact a fruit!
Soapberries are the fruit of the Sapindus Mukorossi tree, which grows in several different regions around the world, but is most prevalent in the Himalayas. The shell of the fruit is then collected, dried and packed for use. The shell is exceptionally high in 'saponin' which is nature's soap. This saponin content reduces the surface tension of the water so it will remove dirt and leave fabrics, soft and clean.
That Red House Soapberries are harvested from wild trees in the pristine Himalayan mountains of Nepal, by small local communities. By purchasing this product, you are supporting the 'Grow Nepal' initiative which creates a future for the Nepalese people, and encourages sustainable practices across the planet.
Why are soapberries so fantastic?
- Easy to use and reusable
- Soapberries (also known as soap nuts) are a natural alternative to traditional laundry detergents and soap.
- Hypo-allergenic. Perfect for those with allergies or sensitive skin.
- Money saving. Soapberries cost around 10c per wash load for a 1kg bag. Compared to conventional washing powders, they can save you a great deal over the course of a year.
- Harsh chemical free, grey water safe, septic safe and fully compostable.
- Soapberries are 100% sustainable, and their use ensures that deforestation is reduced in the Himalayas.
- Soapberries eliminate the need for fabric softeners as they leave clothes feeling soft and fresh.
- Our 'That Red House' soapberries are also certified organic by international certification body Ecocert and USDA.
- Soapberries can be used in any area of the home. They can be used as laundry detergent, shampoo, hand wash, household cleaner, body wash and have many more applications.
- Anti-bacterial and anti-fungal.
- Not tested on animals.
- Perfect for babies and children as they are extremely gentle yet effective.
- Reduces pollution.
- Soapberry trees are often subject to deforestation, so purchasing them ensures that they are maintained as a form of income for the Nepalese people, thus reducing deforestation.
- No pesticides, fertilisers or chemical treatments have been used in the growing or storing process. This ensures that nothing but 100% natural organic products are used in your home.
- Nothing is more precious than your health and the health of your family. Conventional soaps and detergents contain a veritable cocktail of chemicals, capable of causing untold health problems now and into the future.
100% Australian owned company.
- Simply add 5 whole shells (or equivalent) to the provided wash bag, and throw it in the machine... its that simple!
- Each set of shells will do approx 5 wash loads, depending on water temperature and wash cycle, etc.
- You can make a potent multi-purpose liquid by boiling the berries for 15 mins, and use the liquid for anything from a shampoo to a cleaner.
Almost thereBy: Anonymous on 24 May 2019Though I found that the majority of washing was clean it just didn’t cut the mustard on my partners work socks or shirts I’d been very on very hot days. It took a long time to get through the bag so it was definitely value for money but we have switched to soap flakes. Flora and fauna also sells these and I’m finding them a much better clean on heavily soiled stuff.
SoapberriesBy: Martha Avent on 4 May 2019I have been very happy with the performance of this product, but for me it is the ease of use that is amazing. My adult daughter is disabled, she has cerebral palsy, when we were using powders a lot was spilt which made for, not only waste but clean up for me. With soapberries she just unhooks the bag and puts it in with the clothes, no mess, no fuss
Yay for soapberriesBy: Natty on 13 March 2019I have been trying over the past year or so to change as many products as i can to resusable and environmentally friendly products. I would highly recommend these. Easy to use, safe and chemical free and work out so much cheaper than laundry detergent. I wash in a cold wash and find they work great. I sometimes add essential oils to the bag to get different scents to my washing
LoveBy: Shenaye on 29 January 2019I absolutely love these, I will never have to worry about my sensitive skin coming into contact with harsh chemical laundry detergents ever again
SoapberriesBy: Davina Russell on 29 January 2019My sister in law loves them but she also washes with hot water where I don't therefore the berries dont seem to soap up like they do in hot water. My washing seem clean though which is good but I don't get the soap matter.