That Red House Organic Soapberries (500g)
Certified Organic, Natural Alternative to Washing your Clothes
Easy to Use, Lasts 180+ washes
Biodegradable, Grey Water Safe and Septic Tan Safe
Multiple Uses including Household Cleaner, Handwash etc.
or make 4 payments of $6.25 with
That Red House Organic Soapberries, a Natural Alternative to Laundry Detergent, available at Flora & Fauna.
500g will result in 180+ washes.
Soapberries are the natural alternative to traditional laundry detergents and fabric softeners. They are often called 'soapnuts', but they are not nuts at all. They are in fact a fruit!
Soapberries are the fruit of the Sapindus Mukorossi tree, which grows in several different regions around the world, but is most prevalent in the Himalayas. The shell of the fruit is then collected, dried and packed for use. The shell is exceptionally high in 'saponin' which is nature's soap. This saponin content reduces the surface tension of the water so it will remove dirt and leave fabrics, soft and clean.
That Red House Soapberries are harvested from wild trees in the pristine Himalayan mountains of Nepal, by small local communities. By purchasing this product, you are supporting the 'Grow Nepal' initiative which creates a future for the Nepalese people, and encourages sustainable practices across the planet.
Why are soapberries so fantastic?
- Easy to use and reusable
- Soapberries (also known as soap nuts) are a natural alternative to traditional laundry detergents and soap.
- Hypo-allergenic. Perfect for those with allergies or sensitive skin.
- Money saving. Soapberries cost around 10c per wash load for a 1kg bag. Compared to conventional washing powders, they can save you a great deal over the course of a year.
- Harsh chemical free, grey water safe, septic safe and fully compostable.
- Soapberries are 100% sustainable, and their use ensures that deforestation is reduced in the Himalayas.
- Soapberries eliminate the need for fabric softeners as they leave clothes feeling soft and fresh.
- Our 'That Red House' soapberries are also certified organic by international certification body Ecocert and USDA.
- Soapberries can be used in any area of the home. They can be used as laundry detergent, shampoo, hand wash, household cleaner, body wash and have many more applications.
- Anti-bacterial and anti-fungal.
- Not tested on animals.
- Perfect for babies and children as they are extremely gentle yet effective.
- Reduces pollution.
- Soapberry trees are often subject to deforestation, so purchasing them ensures that they are maintained as a form of income for the Nepalese people, thus reducing deforestation.
- No pesticides, fertilisers or chemical treatments have been used in the growing or storing process. This ensures that nothing but 100% natural organic products are used in your home.
- Nothing is more precious than your health and the health of your family. Conventional soaps and detergents contain a veritable cocktail of chemicals, capable of causing untold health problems now and into the future.
100% Australian owned company.
- Simply add 5 whole shells (or equivalent) to the provided wash bag, and throw it in the machine... its that simple!
- Each set of shells will do approx 5 wash loads, depending on water temperature and wash cycle, etc.
- You can make a potent multi-purpose liquid by boiling the berries for 15 mins, and use the liquid for anything from a shampoo to a cleaner.
A natural miracleBy: Jody Cellar on 1 September 2018It is amazing to see this natural product actually suds up the laundry. I’m very happy with the quality of was it provides. Great value as well.
Great eco washBy: Mumma on 2 June 2018Bought these as have 2 family members who suffer from eczema and need minimal ingredients in the washing. Also as a sustainable product to fit my lifestyle. So far after 2 weeks of washing about 10 + loads. I really like them. Anything badly stained needs to be pre treated and I mean stains that my kids get at day care. But otherwise great. I don’t fill my washing machine as full (I have a front loader) and they are all I put into the wash. Great product will buy more.
SoapberriesBy: Angela Binmore on 12 March 2018I love the Red House organic soapberries. My washing comes out clean every wash & always smells fresh. So easy to use & great for the environment. I just throw the used ones into the garden. Saves me lots of money too!
Amazing!By: Anonymous on 29 January 2018Great for mildly soiled clothes, such a wonderful alternative to harmful detergents
Red house organic soap berriesBy: Tania Earle on 21 November 2017Happy, easy to use, clothes come out clean, do have a bit of a funky smell (like smoky) but apart from that happy