Sow n Sow Flower Press - Billy Buttons
- Floral Engraved Flower Press
- 14 × 4.5 × 21 cm
- Handcrafted in Australia
- Earn 59 Points
1. Pick your flowers and leaves!
- The best time to pick is during a warm part of the day when the blooms will have the least amount of moisture.
- Remember that you are flattening the flowers, so avoid flowers with big thick cores such as roses as these won’t flatten so well.
You can cut thicker flowers like roses up into sections, or even just press the petals on their own.
2. Cut some paper (optional)
- We like to use sheets of paper between the cardboard layers in our flower press. The press will work beautifully without them, but the paper will keep the cardboard clean for many years of pressing, and it will help with absorbing the moisture in the flowers. Pick clean paper, preferably one that is slightly absorbent such as craft paper or paper from a drawing pad.
3. Collect your flowers and arrange
- Trim your blooms and arrange them between the layers of cardboard and sheets of paper. You can fit as much as you like between each layer. Try not to overlap any of the petals or leaves to avoid them sticking together.
4. Put the press back together
- Put all the layers back together and screw the wing nuts back into place. You might have to push down on the press to get the wing nuts back on! Make sure the press is screwed down nice and tight.
Keep your press in a cool, dry place for at least 2 weeks. After 2 weeks you can have a look but if the flowers aren’t fully dry then leave them for a while longer.
Top and bottom MDF backing boards, 5 cardboard separating layers, nuts and bolts.
Average community rating
Write Your Own Review
BeautifulWonderfully constructed and has a beautiful design on the top. Has made pressing flowers so much easier.
Love itBought this to do with my kids and we all love picking flowers and putting them onto cards