SoapNuts Australia - 40 washes (100g)
A Natural, Ethical Alternative to Washing your Clothes
Easy to Use, Lasts 30-40 washes
Biodegradable, Grey Water Safe and Septic Tan Safe
Multiple Uses including Household Cleaner, Handwash etc.
or make 4 payments of $1.50 with
SoapNuts Australia Soap Nuts, Biodegradable, Wild and Eco Friendly, a Natural Alternative to Laundry Detergent, in a 100g bag for 40 washes, available at Flora & Fauna.
100g will result in 30-40 washes or a month to two months worth of washing, perfect to try soapnuts. Each 100g bag comes with a small bag to put your berries in.
Soapnuts are the natural alternative to traditional laundry detergents and fabric softeners. They are often called 'soap berries', because they are actually a fruit!
Soapnuts are the fruit of the Sapindus Mukorossi tree, which grows in several different regions around the world. These soap nuts come from the Swat area of the Hazara District in Pakistan, direct from the community who wild harvest them. The shell of the fruit is collected, dried and packed for use. The shell is exceptionally high in 'saponin' which is nature's soap. This saponin content reduces the surface tension of the water so it will remove dirt and leave fabrics, soft and clean.
Note: If your berries are stuck together this is the awesome saponin which cleans your clothes - just separate as you would sticky sweets stuck together.
Australian Soapnuts work direct with the growers in the community so ensure all revenue goes to that community. They are 100% focused on spreading the news about soap nuts around the world.
Why are soapnuts so fantastic?
- Easy to use and reusable
- Soapberries (also known as soap nuts) are a natural alternative to traditional laundry detergents and soap.
- Hypo-allergenic. Perfect for those with allergies or sensitive skin.
- Money saving. Soapberries cost around 10c per wash load for a 1kg bag. Compared to conventional washing powders, they can save you a great deal over the course of a year.
- Completely synthetic chemical free, grey water safe, septic safe and fully compostable.
- Soapnuts are 100% sustainable, and their use ensures that deforestation is reduced in the Himalayas.
- Soapnuts eliminate the need for fabric softeners as they leave clothes feeling soft and fresh.
- Soapnuts can be used in any area of the home. They can be used as laundry detergent, shampoo, hand wash, household cleaner, body wash and have many more applications.
- Anti-bacterial and anti-fungal.
- Not tested on animals.
- Perfect for babies and children as they are extremely gentle yet effective.
- Reduces pollution.
- Soapnut trees are often subject to deforestation, so purchasing them ensures that they are maintained as a form of income for the community, thus reducing deforestation.
- No pesticides, fertilisers or chemical treatments have been used in the growing or storing process. This ensures that nothing but 100% natural organic products are used in your home.
- Nothing is more precious than your health and the health of your family. Conventional soaps and detergents contain a veritable cocktail of chemicals, capable of causing untold health problems now and into the future.
100% Australian owned company.
- Simply add 5 whole shells (or equivalent) to the provided wash bag, and throw it in the machine... its that simple!
- Each set of shells will do approx 5 wash loads, depending on water temperature and wash cycle, etc.
- You can make a potent multi-purpose liquid by boiling the berries for 15 mins, and use the liquid for anything from a shampoo to a cleaner.
Nuts about SoapnutsBy: Julia on 8 March 2018As a newbie to using SoapNuts, I was a little apprehensive about the outcome .....we also live in the tropics and sweat a LOT....but this product has managed to clean our clothes quite nicely. I would recommend using them in conjunction with essential oils if you still want a light fragrance for clean laundry.
SoapnutsBy: Liz on 13 February 2018So happy with this item. Have completed around 5 washes so far. Clothes come out beautifully soft and clean and no washing powder marks hooray. Definitely a winner.
soapnutsBy: Jenny Breen on 17 January 2018So far I have been happy with my wash results.
Australian SoapnutsBy: CORRINA CLARK on 30 October 2017Having read previous reviews, I decided to give these soapnuts a go - and I love them!! They do a great job with my wash, actually leaving my clothes softer than when I was using other products. The linen bag provided unfortunately didn't last beyond the first 5 washes, but the nuts themselves are really good!
Australian Soapnuts - 40 washesBy: Jacqueline Thomas on 20 October 2017Love this product. Washes my laundry beautifully, smells clean fresh and no need for fabric softener. Only down side is that I have a front loader so I have to prepare the soapnuts before use. Still love them though and will continue to use them. Have also used them to wash down my hallwall walls and my kitchen counters.