SoapNuts Australia - 40 washes (100g)
A Natural, Ethical Alternative to Washing your Clothes
Easy to Use, Lasts 30-40 washes
Biodegradable, Grey Water Safe and Septic Tan Safe
Multiple Uses including Household Cleaner, Handwash etc.
or make 4 payments of $1.50 with
SoapNuts Australia Soap Nuts, Biodegradable, Wild and Eco Friendly, a Natural Alternative to Laundry Detergent, in a 100g bag for 40 washes, available at Flora & Fauna.
100g will result in 30-40 washes or a month to two months worth of washing, perfect to try soapnuts. Each 100g bag comes with a small bag to put your berries in.
Soapnuts are the natural alternative to traditional laundry detergents and fabric softeners. They are often called 'soap berries', because they are actually a fruit!
Soapnuts are the fruit of the Sapindus Mukorossi tree, which grows in several different regions around the world. These soap nuts come from the Swat area of the Hazara District in Pakistan, direct from the community who wild harvest them. The shell of the fruit is collected, dried and packed for use. The shell is exceptionally high in 'saponin' which is nature's soap. This saponin content reduces the surface tension of the water so it will remove dirt and leave fabrics, soft and clean.
Note: If your berries are stuck together this is the awesome saponin which cleans your clothes - just separate as you would sticky sweets stuck together.
Australian Soapnuts work direct with the growers in the community so ensure all revenue goes to that community. They are 100% focused on spreading the news about soap nuts around the world.
Why are soapnuts so fantastic?
- Easy to use and reusable
- Soapberries (also known as soap nuts) are a natural alternative to traditional laundry detergents and soap.
- Hypo-allergenic. Perfect for those with allergies or sensitive skin.
- Money saving. Soapberries cost around 10c per wash load for a 1kg bag. Compared to conventional washing powders, they can save you a great deal over the course of a year.
- Completely synthetic chemical free, grey water safe, septic safe and fully compostable.
- Soapnuts are 100% sustainable, and their use ensures that deforestation is reduced in the Himalayas.
- Soapnuts eliminate the need for fabric softeners as they leave clothes feeling soft and fresh.
- Soapnuts can be used in any area of the home. They can be used as laundry detergent, shampoo, hand wash, household cleaner, body wash and have many more applications.
- Anti-bacterial and anti-fungal.
- Not tested on animals.
- Perfect for babies and children as they are extremely gentle yet effective.
- Reduces pollution.
- Soapnut trees are often subject to deforestation, so purchasing them ensures that they are maintained as a form of income for the community, thus reducing deforestation.
- No pesticides, fertilisers or chemical treatments have been used in the growing or storing process. This ensures that nothing but 100% natural organic products are used in your home.
- Nothing is more precious than your health and the health of your family. Conventional soaps and detergents contain a veritable cocktail of chemicals, capable of causing untold health problems now and into the future.
100% Australian owned company.
- Simply add 5 whole shells (or equivalent) to the provided wash bag, and throw it in the machine... its that simple!
- Each set of shells will do approx 5 wash loads, depending on water temperature and wash cycle, etc.
- You can make a potent multi-purpose liquid by boiling the berries for 15 mins, and use the liquid for anything from a shampoo to a cleaner.
Soap NutsBy: Debbie on 20 June 2018I have used the soap nuts a few times and they seem fine, will make up my mind once I have used them a few more times, love anything environmentaly friendly.
DisappointedBy: Jessica on 14 June 2018I had never been as disappointed with a product ever before. I wanted to love those soap nuts and couldn't wait to receive my order. I tried them on gym clothes in a 30 degree wash. I made sure I had the recommended amount of soap nuts, but... disappointment... the clothes came out still smelly!! I didn't give up though and decided to wash them a second time. This time I added a couple of extra soap nuts to make sure there was plenty. But unfortunately after two washes the clothes were still smelling like the gym... It felt like a total waste of time, water and money. I washed all my clothes a third time with my usual washing powder and this time everything came out clean. I really wanted to love this product and find an alternative to my regular washing powder, which makes my disappointment only greater.
Nuttty for Soap NutsBy: suzy on 13 May 2018They are fantastic. Easy to use and wash my clothes brilliantly. I make up a liquid that can be used for so many things. Great for washing dishes. Antibacterial. This stuff is magic. I am totally hooked.
No more itchy skin.By: Jo on 3 May 2018The soap nuts are great. I have used them to wash my laundry in my front load washing machine. After my first time using them, I no longer have itchy skin wearing my clothes or using towels etc. I am very happy with this product. My only complaint is the included washing machine bag. The bag cotton stitching was all frayed & so was the ends of the draw string. Also the most disappointing thing is that the draw string doesn’t work, I wasn’t able to pull the draw string at all, one end very short & other end long. So I just wrapped the long end of draw string around the bag and tied a loose knot to prevent the soap nuts from falling out during washing cycle. Will need to buy a better quality soap nut washing machine bag which is is a small disappointment. Never purchased soap nuts before so don’t know if other brands have better quality washing machine bags included or not.
Super alternativeBy: Alicia on 30 April 2018I find these soap nuts to be really great. The only thing they don’t do is get out deep stains - need a spray for this