The Swag Reusable Veggie Bag Starter Pack to Extend the Life of Your Vegetables.
This Swag Starter Pack bag is an excellent way to get started with The Swag. These swags are ideal to store a large variety of fruit, veggies and leafy greens oand extend their life. You can have a combination of fruits, veggies and leafy greens in one Swag.
Note: The pack colour only refers to the large Swag in the set. The other swags will be of assorted coloured trims.
Contains: 1 Large Swag, 1 Long Swag, 2 Small Swag
Large: 42cm x 38cm Closed, 42cm x 52cm Open
Long: 52cm x 24cm Closed, 52cm x 38cm Open
Small: 37cm x 24cm Closed, 37cm x 38cm Open
The Swag comes with only a label and string as packaging.
Made ethically in India. The manufacturer of The Swag is certified by SEDEX for Ethical Trading practices and SEDEX also review the Supply Chain. SEDEX is an international body empowering sustainable and ethical supply chains
These eco-friendly bags work to store and extend the life of your vegetables keeping them crisp and fresh days after being put in the fridge. The Swag is made out of three different/unique layers of 100% natural, unbleached, unseeded cotton. Each of the three layers play a significant role in keeping your fresh produce fresher for much longer.
How do they work?
Keeping your fruit and vegetables in a plastic bag is the perfect environment for bacterial growth which increases the rate of decay, and slimyness, of the produce you've just bought. It effectively suffocates in the plastic bag and begins to sweat, wilt, lose it's sweet flavour and tastes, and looks, pretty horrible.
The Swag changes this; it prevents the need for single use plastic produce bags and maintains the freshness of your veggies in the fridge by allowing them to breathe and rehydrate.
The Outer Layer: The robust outer layer of The Swag protects your fruit & veggies by preserving the water within the middle layer from drying out too quickly.
The Middle Layer: The thick, absorbent middle layer holds the bulk of the moisture. This layer draws the water away from the fresh produce, yet allows it to hydrate as needed.
The Inner Layer: The inner layer of The Swag provides a dryer protection barrier however as all three layers are permeable, they allow your fruit & veggies to breathe and stay fresher for Longer.
To find out more about your Swag including what veggies to store in it and how to store them download the guide.
The Swag is your answer to keeping your veggies fresh in the fridge. It's a reusable storage bag with a unique 3 layer system that provides a breathable environment your veggies love. The Swag comes in three sizes and is made from sustainable cotton.
1. Before you start using your Swag be sure to wash following care instructions on the inside label.
2. For general use, dampen the Swag from the outside and wring out any excess water. Place fruit, vegetables and leafy greens into The Swags.
3. Once your Swags are in use, be sure to wash every two weeks (or as needed) following care label instructions.
4. Put newly purchased fresh produce into a clean Swag. Transfer your older produce into a smaller Swag with a specific colored trim - this way, you’ll always know (for instance) that the red trimmed small Swag has all the older produce that you need to use first.
5. For absolutely best results, cut away any dead or dying ends/bits on your fruit and veggies. If inclined, you can wash your fresh produce first and pat dry before putting into The Swag.
6. When you feel your Swags are starting to dry up sprinkle with water from the outside to replace moisture. This can be done whilst the Swags are in the crisper
7. Make sure you’ve always got a clean and dry spare set of Swags ready to go whist your others are in the wash.
8. To get the most out of your Swags, after every 3rd or 4th wash, sprinkle wet Swags with white vinegar and put on an extra rinse cycle. Vinegar removes soap residue and is a natural sanitizer. Dry out in full sun.
100% natural, unbleached, unseeded cotton
Nice productsBy: Prof John Simons on 18 June 2019These are solid and well made items. And so far they have worked really well and kept our vegetables in excellent condition.
Fresh, fresh, freshBy: Anonymous on 3 March 2019Very very happy with this purchase. Bought the small bag to try, it truly works and kept herb bundle fresh for a fortnight...seriously! Have since bought a large and a long. Had I of known how good this product is, would have bought the full pack to start with. Recently used bok choy that was 2wks old (from farmers market) and it was so fresh, it was like I had same day purchased. Highly recommend.
Swag bag starter packBy: Nikita Oakden on 30 January 2019Love these bags. 4 stars only because the bags smaller than the largest bag are difficult for multiple round fruits. Spinach is great in the bag- no slimies!
Great productBy: Katie on 2 December 2018These are perfect for keeping your fruit and veg fresh. Good range of sizes to fit different sized fruit and veg. They even help keep your crisper drawer organised!
The swags are amazing!By: Justine Richmond on 24 October 2018I bought one swag a couple of months ago and found it so good, I was using Tupperware for my vegies but found they stayed fresh enough, but I was still throwing some out. Plus they took up SO much room in the fridge. I bought the starter set of swag bags next - they are amazing, wash up really well and the vegies stay so fresh in them. Having stuck to the tupperware for a long time now because I had never found something better, I am now selling all my fridge containers and replacing with the swag bags. I have even asked my family for a second set for Christmas so I can rotate them and have one set in the wash. Thanks Flora and Fauna - another winner, environmentally friendly AND they work! (I am even happier about them since I found out they were ethically and fair trade produced) I am keen to try their tea bags too :)