That Red House Organic Soapberries (250g)
Certified Organic, Natural Alternative to Washing your Clothes
Easy to Use, Lasts 90+ washes
Biodegradable, Grey Water Safe and Septic Tan Safe
Multiple Uses including Household Cleaner, Handwash etc.
or make 4 payments of $4.12 with
That Red House Organic Soapberries, a Natural Alternative to Laundry Detergent, available at Flora & Fauna.
250g will result in 90+ washes.
Soapberries are the natural alternative to traditional laundry detergents and fabric softeners. They are often called 'soapnuts', but they are not nuts at all. They are in fact a fruit!
Soapberries are the fruit of the Sapindus Mukorossi tree, which grows in several different regions around the world, but is most prevalent in the Himalayas. The shell of the fruit is then collected, dried and packed for use. The shell is exceptionally high in 'saponin' which is nature's soap. This saponin content reduces the surface tension of the water so it will remove dirt and leave fabrics, soft and clean.
That Red House Soapberries are harvested from wild trees in the pristine Himalayan mountains of Nepal, by small local communities. By purchasing this product, you are supporting the 'Grow Nepal' initiative which creates a future for the Nepalese people, and encourages sustainable practices across the planet.
Why are soapberries so fantastic?
- Easy to use and reusable
- Soapberries (also known as soap nuts) are a natural alternative to traditional laundry detergents and soap.
- Hypo-allergenic. Perfect for those with allergies or sensitive skin.
- Money saving. Soapberries cost around 10c per wash load for a 1kg bag. Compared to conventional washing powders, they can save you a great deal over the course of a year.
- Harsh chemical free, grey water safe, septic safe and fully compostable.
- Soapberries are 100% sustainable, and their use ensures that deforestation is reduced in the Himalayas.
- Soapberries eliminate the need for fabric softeners as they leave clothes feeling soft and fresh.
- Our 'That Red House' soapberries are also certified organic by international certification body Ecocert and USDA.
- Soapberries can be used in any area of the home. They can be used as laundry detergent, shampoo, hand wash, household cleaner, body wash and have many more applications.
- Anti-bacterial and anti-fungal.
- Not tested on animals.
- Perfect for babies and children as they are extremely gentle yet effective.
- Reduces pollution.
- Soapberry trees are often subject to deforestation, so purchasing them ensures that they are maintained as a form of income for the Nepalese people, thus reducing deforestation.
- No pesticides, fertilisers or chemical treatments have been used in the growing or storing process. This ensures that nothing but 100% natural organic products are used in your home.
- Nothing is more precious than your health and the health of your family. Conventional soaps and detergents contain a veritable cocktail of chemicals, capable of causing untold health problems now and into the future.
100% Australian owned company.
- Simply add 5 whole shells (or equivalent) to the provided wash bag, and throw it in the machine... its that simple!
- Each set of shells will do approx 5 wash loads, depending on water temperature and wash cycle, etc.
- You can make a potent multi-purpose liquid by boiling the berries for 15 mins, and use the liquid for anything from a shampoo to a cleaner.
Undecided.By: Mark Lukaszewicz on 11 February 2019I love the idea of these. My issue is that they don't work well in cold water washes. I don't want to increase the heat on my washing machine because that defeats the purpose of using a more environmentally friendly product. Maybe there's a solution to this I don't know about - if there is one that will make these amazing!
Washes so wellBy: Peta on 2 February 2019I only bought a small bag as I wanted to try these out, I will be buying a bigger amount next time. Very happy with how this washes clothes, they smell fresh and clean, you won't get a strong detergent smell like with other powders/liquids, but clothes will smell fresh and clean. Great for sensitive skin.
Great for sensitive skin!!By: Claire on 19 January 2019I have ridiculously sensitive skin and EVERY SINGLE other laundry product makes me itch or come up in hives. I’ve washed everything i own once with the soap berries and there have been no adverse effects! My skin is happy and calm. I honestly wish I’d tried these so long ago. Even my boyfriend is getting on board, checking to see when they need to be replaced in the little baggie and likes that there’s no strong fragrance to them.
Will buy again!By: Stevie on 29 November 2018I've been adding a few drops of lemongrass essential oil into my wash and it reminds me of day spas in Thailand!
AverageBy: Jeannette on 11 November 2018Pros: environmental friendly, clean fresh smell, love the packaging Cons: soapberries do not last five cycles, does not do a good job in regards to modern cloth nappies (they still smell after 2 washes) and stains