Sea Shepherd MV Steve Irwin Model Kit, available at Flora & Fauna.
Build your own Steve Irwin with this model book!
This 59.5 cm (23.5 inches) long and completely coloured cardmodel of the Steve Irwin in 1/100 scale is perfect even for supporters without modelling experience. The model offers different levels of detail for different modelling skills and even if you decide to build the easy version you can later add many of the additional details. If you decide to build the model with all options, you'll get a very detailed model with a lot of little extras. Definitely worth mentioning are the extendible crane and the speedboats.
The book is in Din A4 and has 24 sheets with model parts and comprehensive instructions. The easy version is made of 103 parts and it takes a weekend to build. If you decide to build all available details you’ll have to cut out 767 parts to build for example the speedboats, pollers, capstan, crane, radar and lots of other little things. To build this model you need a pair of scissors or a hobby knife, a ruler (steel if possible) and some glue for paper.
- Scale: 1/100 Designer: Benjamin Fentens
- Skill level: between easy and difficult - depending on version
- Parts: 103 (inlcuding optional parts: up to 767)
- Length: 595 mm
- Width: 110 mm
- Height: 251 mm
- Instruction: German, English, and pictures
- Format: DIN A4 Sheet: 24 Item no.: 3877
- Edition: 1st Edition 2014
- Shipyard: Hall, Russell & Company, Aberdeen, Scotland
- Commissioning: 1975 as FPV Westra
- Length: 59.43 m / 194 ft
- Width: 10.97 m / 35 ft
- Draught: 4.26 m / 13 ft
- Displacement: 1017 BRZ
- Engine: diesel engine 3,200 kW
- Speed: 16.5 kn
- Crew: 43 seamen
FSC Certified Paper