We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
We may collect the following information:
1.1 Your contact and personal details that may include your name, date of birth, business name, billing address, postal address, home address, email address, fax number, and phone number.
1.2 Demographic information such as gender, preferences, and interests.
1.3 Other information you provide to us when you use Our Sites and Applications or respond to customer surveys and/or offers.
1.4 Records of your communications and other interactions with us.
We collect this information when:
1.5 You provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase. Unless you also provide this information to us when you subscribe or register an account with us we assume that in respect of information collected in this way, you have consented to our collection and use of this information for the specific purpose of completing a transaction only.
1.6 You interact with us through the phone, in person, via email or any of Our Sites and Applications and you provide us with your details.
1.7 You subscribe to our emails or register an account.
1.8 If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing or competitions, we will ask you directly for your express consent to that separate purpose of collection, or provide you with an opportunity to say no.
1.9 You apply for employment with our business or apply to provide us services.
We will only collect your personal and sensitive information using lawful means.
2. Usage of Data
We use the information we receive about you to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
2.1 Internal record keeping.
2.2 We may use the information to improve our products and services in general and specifically for you.
2.3 Fulfil your order, process transactions and keep a record of your order and transaction.
2.4 Create and maintain our customer database.
2.5 Communicate and retain a history of communication.
2.6 We periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided if you have given us permission to do so.
2.7 From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail (in accordance with your subscription preferences).
2.8 We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests based on your cookies history and browsing history.
2.9 We may contact you around positions vacant.
2.10 Direct marketing as set out below.
2.11 To make available certain functions on of Our Sites and Applications in accordance with our cookies policy set out below.
3. Direct Marketing
3.1 We will not send you unsolicited commercial electronic messages in contravention of the Spam Act 2003 (Cth).
3.2 In addition to the above, we will only use your personal information with your consent (if required under applicable data protection laws) when we process non-sensitive information for the purpose of promoting and marketing our Business.
3.3 We will not contact you to promote or market our Business if you requested us not to.
3.4 You may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, or for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at any time, by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or mailing us at: The Good Collective Pty Ltd, 4 / 25 Loyalty Road, North Rocks, NSW, 2151. You can also unsubscribe on emails and any marketing materials we send to you.
A cookie is a small file that asks permission to be placed on your device’s hard drive. If you agree to the use of the cookie, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes, and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use different types of cookies and some with a duration of up to 30 days, for the following purposes:
4.1 To collect data about your device so that Our Site will recognise the device the next time you visit Our Site using the same device and to remember settings you have used on Our Site. Please note that information collected by functionality cookies is anonymised in some cases, but not in all cases. These cookies do not track your browsing onto other websites. By using Our Site you consent to our use of functionality cookies that are necessary to us providing our services.
4.2 To improve Our Site’s performance by reporting any errors to us. Please note that performance cookies recognise the count of users on Our Site and how users move around Our Site, but do not collect information that identifies a user. This information highlights how Our Site may be improved.
4.3 to link to social networks like Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram.
4.4 Provide ads specific to you.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. Cookies may contain your IP address however that is collected in aggregate so it is effectively anonymous to us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser settings to prompt you or to decline cookies if you prefer. Please note that rejecting cookies for Our Site may result in some features and functions of Our Site being unavailable to you.
5. Links to other websites
6. Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
6.1 Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
6.2 If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com or unsubscribing on emails you receive.
6.3 Please note if you unsubscribe from one type of email it may not unsubscribe you from all emails from Flora & Fauna. For example, you may unsubscribe from an abandoned cart email but still be subscribed to our weekly promotional emails and vice versa.
6.4 If you believe that any information, we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
7. Security of credit card details
7.1 We do not store credit card details as we use payment gateways, e.g. Afterpay, Ayden, Klarna and/or PayPal.
7.2 All credit card transactions are implemented under industry-standard encryption.
7.3 Payments are processed in real-time
7.4 We do not have access to your credit card numbers.
7.5 We use secure systems to store most of your personal information and it contains security features, such as encryption, firewall, and anti-virus, to ensure the protection and integrity of our data.
8. Disclosure of Personal Information
8.1 We will not disclose your personal and sensitive information to third parties for payment or profit or reward.
8.2 We may disclose your personal information to third parties, from time to time, to assist us in conducting our Business, including in the following circumstances:
- for one of the purposes expressly permitted under applicable data protection and privacy laws
- it is reasonably necessary for a purpose described above;
- you have provided your consent;
- having regard to the nature of the information or the circumstances of collection we reasonably believe that you would expect us to use the information or make the disclosure;
- we have reason to suspect unlawful activity or misconduct of a serious nature, and we believe that collection, use or disclosure is necessary in order for us to take appropriate action;
- our assets and operations of our business are transferred to another party as a going concern;
- we obtain services from technology service providers including internet service providers or cloud service providers including Amazon Web Services and Magento;
- we rely on delivery companies such as Australia Post and/or international postal service providers to fulfil your orders;
- we use agents that perform functions on our behalf, such as marketing or advertising;
- to persons, entities or courts as required under applicable laws;
- to our related bodies corporate including those established in the future;
- to any data processors processing your information on our behalf;
- to third parties who provide related services or products to us in connection with our business (including our subcontractors); and
- to our auditors, consultants, accountants, lawyers or other financial or professional advisors.
9. Overseas Disclosures
If you access Our Site and Applications or purchase our products from outside of Australia, your personal information will be disclosed to us.
We may also use certain third-party service providers who may have offices or other operations outside of Australia. As a result, your personal information may also be disclosed to recipients in those foreign countries.
Our third-party service providers may be located in Australia, the European Union, New Zealand and the United States of America.
10. Access to your Personal Information
You may request access to your personal information that we hold, and you may request correction of any personal information we hold that is inaccurate. Your request should be made in writing to us using the contact details we provide in our “Contact Us” section below.
When we are assessing your request for access we will:
- seek to verify your identity; and
- endeavour to respond within a reasonable period of time, and in any case within one month of receiving your request for access or correction.
There are some circumstances in which we may refuse a request for access to your data including (to the extent permitted under applicable data protection laws), where:
- providing access may have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of other individuals;
- providing access would be unlawful or likely to prejudice enforcement related activities by a law enforcement agency;
- we have reason to suspect that unlawful activity or misconduct of a serious nature is occurring or has occurred and giving access would be likely to prejudice us taking appropriate action;
- we reasonably believe that granting access would pose a serious threat to the life, physical or mental health or safety of an individual or to public health or safety;
- we form the reasonable view that the request is frivolous or vexatious;
- we cannot verify your identity for the purposes of the request; or
- we are otherwise permitted by applicable data protection and privacy laws or required by applicable laws to refuse a request for access or correction.
11. Residents of the European Union and Residents of the United Kingdom
If you are a resident of the EU or of the UK, you also have the following rights in relation to your personal information:
- to request a copy of the personal information we are processing about you (subject to our identity verification process);
- to have incomplete or inaccurate personal information that we process about you rectified;
- to request that we delete personal information that we process about you (except where we need to retain that data to comply with a legal obligation, make or defend legal claims);
- to restrict our processing of your personal information where you believe:
- the personal information processed about you is inaccurate;
- our processing is unlawful;
- that we no longer need to process that information for a particular purpose
- (except that we are not required to restrict that processing if we are not able to delete the data because of a legal obligation or because you do not consent to the deletion);
- to obtain personal information we hold about you in electronic format and to transmit that data to another data controller, however, we are only required to do so in relation to the personal information you have provided to us and which we are processing with your consent or to perform a contract with you;
- to the extent that we are relying on our legitimate interest to process your personal information, to object to that processing based on your particular situation (except that we are not required to accede to your objection if we need to process the information to exercise a legal right or make or defend a legal claim);
- to withdraw consent to us processing your personal information at any time, without charge, including by opting out of receiving marketing from us.
You can exercise any of these rights in relation to your personal information by contacting us at the contact details provided in the “Contact Us” section below.
12. Data Retention
We keep your personal information for as long as necessary to serve the purpose of collection and for as long as permitted by applicable laws. When we no longer need to use your personal information for the purpose for which it was collected, we will delete that information or take steps to de-identify the information.
13. Data Security
We use reasonable security safeguards to protect the personal information we hold and control about you from misuse, loss, interference and unauthorised access. We also require third party organisations to whom we disclose your data (where practicable) to comply with applicable data protection and privacy laws.
14. Complaints and Security breaches
If you believe the security of your account with us has been compromised, please notify us immediately using the contact details provided in the “Contact Us” section below.
If you require further information about our data handling practices or to make a complaint, please contact us using the contact details provided in the “Contact Us” section below. We will respond to your complaint within one month of the date we receive your complaint.
If we are unable to resolve your complaint to your satisfaction, you may also complain to the OAIC in Australia or to your local data protection authority.
15. Contact Us
Mailing Address: The Good Collective Pty Ltd, 4 / 25 Loyalty Road, North Rocks, NSW, 2151
Phone: +61 2 8776 3620.
16. Governing Law