Your Ethical Hospital Bag
Author: Jacqui - F&F Date Posted:12 April 2019
Packing your hospital bag is a very exciting time. It means that your little bub is not long due and you’re soon going to have a little bundle of joy in your life.
When it comes to packing your hospital bag, you may be wondering what you need to include, especially if you want to include all ethical goodies.
In February, our Founder Julie, gave birth to a beautiful baby boy, named Woody. During her last trimester, she began thinking about what to include in her hospital bag. Julie wanted to make sure she had everything she would need, without overpacking. Below are the things she included in her bag and she used throughout her stay at the hospital.
Clothing & Accessories
- A few night dresses that open at the front.
- Casual clothes so you are comfortable at hospital; if you have a C section just have nightdresses - forego trousers for a while.
- Underwear - Etiko is a great ethical brand, they are super comfortable and the Full Brief knickers are perfect when you've just given birth and you need some support!
- 6 - 8 Sanitary Pads - Hannahpad Pads are a great re-usable choice and the Super Ultra Overnight Pads are best during this time.
- Breastfeeding bras.
- Comfortable Socks to keep your feet warm.
- Nursing/Breast pads - reusable ones are soft, thick and keep clothing and bedding dry during the natural process of milk leakage.
- Organic baby wipes - Great for a quick freshen up, and also nourishing and gentle for delicate skin.
- Toiletries including toothpaste, toothbrush and a facial cleansing bar.
- Hand Sanitiser - This one from Dr Bronners kills germs without nasty chemicals, and it doubles up as a deodorant.
- Diffusers and essential oils are great for relaxing, labour preparation and support during the delivery. ECO Modern Essentials have a beautiful range of oils & diffusers. Check out our blog on essential oils during pregnancy to know which ones are safe to use.
- Reusable nappies (if you plan on using reusable when bub arrives). We have some lovely reusable options from EcoNaps, which are great quality and also designed so one size nappy is all you'll need throughout your babies nappy journey.
- Baby clothes - How many depends on whether the hospital has clothing for while your bub is in hospital. We have some very cute onesies and bibs from Kakadu Tots which are made from 100% certified organic cotton.
- Muslin wraps - We have some brand new gorgeous muslin wraps from Snuggle Hunny Kids. Top tip: you can never have enough muslin. You'll use them for wraps, blankets, wiping up spills, messes and milk, comforters and more.
- A hat, mittens and socks for your bub.
As well as the above, also ensure you include your phone or camera to take some pictures when your gorgeous little bub arrives. It’s also important to remember to have your Medicare and health cards in your bag.
For those expecting soon, we wish you the very best during your final stages of pregnancy. You can shop our full range of ethical baby products online now.