Date Posted:18 July 2016
Dry Body Brushing is not new; it has been practiced around the world for years by many cultures as a traditional practice. So what is it and how does it benefit us?
It is a simple, easy, and quick way to cleanse your body from the inside out and has many benefits including removing dead skin, improving your circulation and reducing cellulite. It involves brushing the skin with a dry brush, followed by a shower or bath.
What are the benefits?
1. A Natural Exfoliant
You will remove dead skin to promote healthy, glowing, silky skin.
2. Increases circulation
You'll stimulate the circulatory system, increasing blood flow to the heart.This will help you feel a bit more energised.
3. Helps the body detoxify
Sisal brushes are made from the fibre of the Agave cactus and are perfect for dry body brushing. Our medium sized Sisal brush is an all round good dry body brush.
4. Helps reduce cellulite
Cellulite is stored toxins in the body and you want to break these down so they are eliminated in the bloodstream and out of the body. Dry brushing helps to do this.
5. Stress Relief
It's actually calming and has a calming effect on the nervous system, similar to having a massage.
6. Unclogs pores and decongests skin
Your don't just have clogged pores on your face; you have plenty on your body and dry brushing helps unclog them and decongest skin. Fantastic for those bits you don't see like your back!
What do I do?
This skin saviour takes just five minutes a day.
1. Firstly you'll need a good brush. We recommend a natural brush, not synthetic and we have a few good options. We have a medium sized Sisal brush good for all the body and a travel dry body brush in a medium bristle which is great for on the go. If you want a softer brush a Jute brush is the way to go as this is made from the bark of the Jute plant. We have a Jute Body Brush and a Jute Face Brush to dry brush the face.
2. Stand in the shower or bath and dry brush upwards towards the heart starting at the feet. Brush in large sweeping motions and repeat several times. Be gentle over gentle areas.
3. Shower to remove any dead skin and alternate between hot and cold water to stimulate blood circulation.
4. Pat dry and apply oil to moisturise and nourish.
5. Repeat every day, or twice a day, and see the results. You'll notice results in 7 days but keep going and monitor every week.
Leave a comment