The benefits of Acai
Author: Jacqui - F&F Date Posted:21 February 2019
You’ve probably heard of acai berries (pronounced ah-sigh-ee), but do you know much about their benefits? Acai berries have some great qualities for our health and are often referred to as a ‘superfood’.
Here at F&F, we have a range of products with acai including drinks, makeup, skin care, serums, oils and powders. Acai is filled with antioxidants, making it a powerful product for potential health benefits.
We’ve recently introduced a new Acai Skin Active liquid to F&F by Amazonia. This Acai Liquid has been scientifically tested to show antioxidants which may help support collagen and reduce free radical damage. The fermented organic Acai delivers 12 billion probiotics per serve, making it great for your overall health. The drink also contains no gluten, dairy, sugar, additives, preservatives or GMO’s. We stock the 500ml bottle, and this allows for 16 serves with a serving size of 30ml.
Please note: Once opened, it needs to be refrigerated.
If you’re wondering how you use it, you can use this great tasting superfood drink 2 different ways. You can take one shot (30ml) daily by itself, or you can dilute it in juice, water, smoothie or even a smoothie bowl.*
With all the current hype around acai berries, let's look at the benefits of this superfood.
- Due to their anti-inflammatory properties, they are wonderful for reducing acne flare-ups and minimising breakouts
- Acai berries may help aid in digestion and provide relief from constipation
- They can help to support a healthy cardiovascular system
- Acai berries are high in essential fatty acids with a comparable level to olive oil. This may help keep your heart and nervous system healthy
- They may also help aid muscle performance, energy, endurance and strength as they contain amino acids
- They are nutrient dense and a great source of Vitamin C, A, B1, B2, B3 and E. They also contain calcium, magnesium, zinc and copper
- Acai has about 3 times the antioxidants of blueberries
- They have the ability to boost & strengthen your immune system.
Source: Victoria Health
With so many great benefits why wouldn't you give acai a try? You can find our range of products with acai berry online now.
*If you are on medication, pregnant or breastfeeding, we suggest consulting your doctor or health care professional prior to use.