More About Facial Mists and Botani
Author: Botani Date Posted:13 October 2017
You’re either a lover of mist sprays or you’re wondering what they do! The warmer weather certainly calls for products that cool our bodies, both internally (nice cold glass of water) and externally, but facial mists are much more than a cooling spray.
So what exactly is a facial mist and how can they benefit my skin?
- Hydration: this is first and foremost. It’s a problem most of us struggle with no matter how much we look after our skin. That’s usually due to diet and lifestyle factors that we sometimes can’t control (like being on a plane). With one quick spritz you’re delivering your skin essential nutrients to help hydrate and maintain skin health. In addition, using a facial mist before applying your moisturiser or serum can aid penetration and boost hydration. Look for a product with hydrating actives such as Betaine (from Sugarbeet) which you’ll find in Botani’s Soothing Facial Mist.
- Soothe & Calm: well-formulated facial mists such as Botáni’s Soothing Facial Mist contain anti-inflammatory ingredients such as Chamomile and Aloe Vera to soothe, calm and restore skin balance.
- Revitalise and refresh: whether you’re flustered from work, physical activity (or the kids are giving you the run around) facial mists are the perfect pick-me up for tired, flustered skin. The cool mist is undeniably a welcome feeling during the warmer months, which makes facial mists perfect for helping to soothe sunburn and other skin irritations. Useful tip: for extra refreshment and ahhhh factor, pop your facial mist in the fridge for half an hour before using it (or store it in there in the summer months).
- Set and refresh makeup: a well formulated natural facial mist can be used to set your makeup or for those hot, sweaty days when you feel like you need to refresh your face but don’t want to remove your makeup you can spray directly over makeup without it sliding off your face.
- Uplifting: if you need an uplifting, on-the-go pick-me-up, look for a natural facial mist that is infused with mood-boosting botanicals like Botani’s Soothing Facial Mist with calming Rose Damascena (which is as good for your skin as it is for your mind and mood!)
- Convenience: perhaps our favourite word these days! Small, handy, portable and perfect for stashing in your handbag in times of skin emergencies; look for a product that’ll make it through the airport security gates.
You can shop Botani at Flora & Fauna.