Make Your Own Dream Egg Lava Mug Cake
Author: F&F Date Posted:15 June 2018
This Dream Egg Lava Mug Cake idea was inspired by one of Treat Dreams' customers @_tammysinlovewithfood_ who shared her version a couple Easters ago. Lis has adapted one of her favourite chocolate cake recipes to be just the right size for your mug!
We asked Lis at Treat Dreams for a tasty chocolate recipe and this chocolate cake is delicious, and easy.
If you have scales, it’s best to use those, but I’ve included cup and spoon measurements as a backup if not. Interesting fact – Australian and American tablespoons are different sizes, and sets bought here sometimes have American ones (15ml) or Australian ones (20ml). To help you get the right result, I’ve sized this using teaspoons only.
- 20g plain flour (6 teaspoons)
- 30g caster sugar (8 teaspoons)
- 6g cacoa powder (4 teaspoons) use Dutch processed made for baking
- 1g bi carb soda / baking soda (1/4 teaspoon)
- 1g finely ground salt (1/4 teaspoon)
- 40g coffee or warm water (2.5 teaspoons) coffee helps bring out the chocolate taste
- 1g vanilla extract (1/8-1/4 teaspoon)
- 11g oil of choice (2.5 teaspoons) choose a neutral taste oil, preferably not olive oil
- 1g white vinegar (1/4 teaspoon)
- 1 Dream Egg (remove foil!)
1. Add all dry ingredients into a mug, stir with a fork to combine.
2. Add all wet ingredients into the same mug, stir with a fork to combine. It makes a very wet mix so expect it to be soupy.
3. Drop your Dream Egg into the bottom of the mug.
4. Microwave for 60 seconds and check on the progress of your cake. My microwave at Treat Dreams takes 1 minute 10 seconds, my home microwave isn’t very strong so takes 1 minute and 40 seconds. Every microwave is different so test until yours is just right.
5. Remove from microwave and scoop to the bottom with a spoon to enjoy your molten chocolate lava cake!
Tip! You can sub in your favourite Treat Dreams chocolates in place of the egg. Are you more of a caramel fan? Break up a snack sized Caramel Dream Bar and add it instead. It’ll make a less sweet, rich, caramel chocolate.
Shop Treat Dreams at Flora & Fauna.