SoapNuts Australia - 400 washes (1kg)
A Natural, Ethical Alternative to Washing your Clothes
Easy to Use, Lasts up to 400 washes
Biodegradable, Grey Water Safe and Septic Tan Safe
Multiple Uses including Household Cleaner, Handwash etc.
or make 4 payments of $8.75 with
SoapNuts Australia SoapNuts, Biodegradable, Wild and Eco Friendly, a Natural Alternative to Laundry Detergent, in a 1kg bag for 400 washes, available at Flora & Fauna.
1kg will result in 400+ washes or a year's worth of washing. Each 1kg bag comes with a small bag to put your berries in.
Soapnuts are the natural alternative to traditional laundry detergents and fabric softeners. They are often called 'soap berries', because they are actually a fruit!
Soapnuts are the fruit of the Sapindus Mukorossi tree, which grows in several different regions around the world. These soap nuts come from the Swat area of the Hazara District in Pakistan, direct from the community who wild harvest them. The shell of the fruit is collected, dried and packed for use. The shell is exceptionally high in 'saponin' which is nature's soap. This saponin content reduces the surface tension of the water so it will remove dirt and leave fabrics, soft and clean.
Note: If your berries are stuck together this is the awesome saponin which cleans your clothes - just separate as you would sticky sweets stuck together.
Australian Soapnuts work direct with the growers in the community so ensure all revenue goes to that community. They are 100% focused on spreading the news about soap nuts around the world.
Why are soapberries so fantastic?
- Easy to use and reusable
- Soapberries (also known as soap nuts) are a natural alternative to traditional laundry detergents and soap.
- Hypo-allergenic. Perfect for those with allergies or sensitive skin.
- Money saving. Soapberries cost around 10c per wash load for a 1kg bag. Compared to conventional washing powders, they can save you a great deal over the course of a year.
- Completely synthetic chemical free, grey water safe, septic safe and fully compostable.
- Soapnuts are 100% sustainable, and their use ensures that deforestation is reduced in the Himalayas.
- Soapnuts eliminate the need for fabric softeners as they leave clothes feeling soft and fresh.
- Soapnuts can be used in any area of the home. They can be used as laundry detergent, shampoo, hand wash, household cleaner, body wash and have many more applications.
- Anti-bacterial and anti-fungal.
- Not tested on animals.
- Perfect for babies and children as they are extremely gentle yet effective.
- Reduces pollution.
- Soapnut trees are often subject to deforestation, so purchasing them ensures that they are maintained as a form of income for the community, thus reducing deforestation.
- No pesticides, fertilisers or chemical treatments have been used in the growing or storing process. This ensures that nothing but 100% natural organic products are used in your home.
- Nothing is more precious than your health and the health of your family. Conventional soaps and detergents contain a veritable cocktail of chemicals, capable of causing untold health problems now and into the future.
100% Australian owned company.
- Simply add 5 whole shells (or equivalent) to the provided wash bag, and throw it in the machine... its that simple!
- Each set of shells will do approx 5 wash loads, depending on water temperature and wash cycle, etc.
- You can make a potent multi-purpose liquid by boiling the berries for 15 mins, and use the liquid for anything from a shampoo to a cleaner.
Love love love!By: Jennifer Woods on 21 April 2018I use soapnuts everywhere! All my washing is done with soapnuts (towels are softer), wash the dogs, shampoo, spray bugs on plants & then put used nuts in garden for snails & bugs. I add different essential oils for whatever I'm using it for. Fantastic, highly recommend this product!
1kg soapberriesBy: Theresa Cox on 7 February 2018These soap berries are amazing and they clean the clothes so well. I do not miss normal washing powder and Ill never wash with anything other than these again. Thank you
SoapnutsBy: S V FITNESS on 7 February 2018Love using this product, so ecconmical and environmentally friendly.
Soapnuts Work! Who Knew?By: Wendy on 6 February 2018First time user to the world of soapnuts and now a raving convert. After experimenting, I prefer making up soapnut "tea" to use in the laundry, rather than putting a few soapnuts in a bag. Wish I'd discovered these little gems years ago.
Not 100% zero wasteBy: Anonymous on 23 January 2018Product is good but soap nuts come inside a plastic bag which is inside the cotton drawstring bag. Unnecessary plastic.