SoapNuts Australia - 400 washes (1kg)
A Natural, Ethical Alternative to Washing your Clothes
Easy to Use, Lasts up to 400 washes
Biodegradable, Grey Water Safe and Septic Tan Safe
Multiple Uses including Household Cleaner, Handwash etc.
or make 4 payments of $8.75 with
SoapNuts Australia SoapNuts, Biodegradable, Wild and Eco Friendly, a Natural Alternative to Laundry Detergent, in a 1kg bag for 400 washes, available at Flora & Fauna.
1kg will result in 400+ washes or a year's worth of washing. Each 1kg bag comes with a small bag to put your berries in.
Soapnuts are the natural alternative to traditional laundry detergents and fabric softeners. They are often called 'soap berries', because they are actually a fruit!
Soapnuts are the fruit of the Sapindus Mukorossi tree, which grows in several different regions around the world. These soap nuts come from the Swat area of the Hazara District in Pakistan, direct from the community who wild harvest them. The shell of the fruit is collected, dried and packed for use. The shell is exceptionally high in 'saponin' which is nature's soap. This saponin content reduces the surface tension of the water so it will remove dirt and leave fabrics, soft and clean.
Note: If your berries are stuck together this is the awesome saponin which cleans your clothes - just separate as you would sticky sweets stuck together.
Australian Soapnuts work direct with the growers in the community so ensure all revenue goes to that community. They are 100% focused on spreading the news about soap nuts around the world.
Why are soapberries so fantastic?
- Easy to use and reusable
- Soapberries (also known as soap nuts) are a natural alternative to traditional laundry detergents and soap.
- Hypo-allergenic. Perfect for those with allergies or sensitive skin.
- Money saving. Soapberries cost around 10c per wash load for a 1kg bag. Compared to conventional washing powders, they can save you a great deal over the course of a year.
- Completely synthetic chemical free, grey water safe, septic safe and fully compostable.
- Soapnuts are 100% sustainable, and their use ensures that deforestation is reduced in the Himalayas.
- Soapnuts eliminate the need for fabric softeners as they leave clothes feeling soft and fresh.
- Soapnuts can be used in any area of the home. They can be used as laundry detergent, shampoo, hand wash, household cleaner, body wash and have many more applications.
- Anti-bacterial and anti-fungal.
- Not tested on animals.
- Perfect for babies and children as they are extremely gentle yet effective.
- Reduces pollution.
- Soapnut trees are often subject to deforestation, so purchasing them ensures that they are maintained as a form of income for the community, thus reducing deforestation.
- No pesticides, fertilisers or chemical treatments have been used in the growing or storing process. This ensures that nothing but 100% natural organic products are used in your home.
- Nothing is more precious than your health and the health of your family. Conventional soaps and detergents contain a veritable cocktail of chemicals, capable of causing untold health problems now and into the future.
100% Australian owned company.
- Simply add 5 whole shells (or equivalent) to the provided wash bag, and throw it in the machine... its that simple!
- Each set of shells will do approx 5 wash loads, depending on water temperature and wash cycle, etc.
- You can make a potent multi-purpose liquid by boiling the berries for 15 mins, and use the liquid for anything from a shampoo to a cleaner.
Pleasantly surprisedBy: Pamella Connell on 27 June 2018Love these for washing our darks but still and been convinced they clean lights/whites well. Especially with young children.
Ok, but Red House preferable.By: Rainbow on 5 June 2018I got both this brand and Red House. Both are great, but this one has soap nut fragments and feel drier/less soapy than Red Houses. The wash bag that came with it only went through 2 washes before it got unusable.
Love soap berries but not this brand!By: Meredyth Connor on 24 May 2018Last time i bought That Red House soap berries and loved them so much that i wanted to buy a kilo so i bought this brand. The berries were all smashed up, they were soap fragments, not soap berries. Also, underneath the enviro-friendly cotton bag was plastic wrapping! Very disappointing. I will go back to the other brand.
Soap NutsBy: Rowena on 28 April 2018These soap nuts appear to wash light to medium stained clothing well, I would not recommend for heavily stained or work clothes. Love that they are environmentally friendly.
Love love love!By: Jennifer Woods on 21 April 2018I use soapnuts everywhere! All my washing is done with soapnuts (towels are softer), wash the dogs, shampoo, spray bugs on plants & then put used nuts in garden for snails & bugs. I add different essential oils for whatever I'm using it for. Fantastic, highly recommend this product!