SoapNuts Australia - 200 washes (500g)
A Natural, Ethical Alternative to Washing your Clothes
Easy to Use, Lasts up to 200 washes
Biodegradable, Grey Water Safe and Septic Tan Safe
Multiple Uses including Household Cleaner, Handwash etc.
or make 4 payments of $6.25 with
SoapNuts Australia Soap Nuts, Biodegradable, Wild and Eco Friendly, a Natural Alternative to Laundry Detergent, in a 500g bag for 200 washes, available at Flora & Fauna.
500g will result in 200+ washes or 6 months worth of washing. Each 500g bag comes with a small bag to put your berries in.
Soapnuts are the natural alternative to traditional laundry detergents and fabric softeners. They are often called 'soap berries', because they are actually a fruit!
Soapnuts are the fruit of the Sapindus Mukorossi tree, which grows in several different regions around the world. These soap nuts come from the Swat area of the Hazara District in Pakistan, direct from the community who wild harvest them. The shell of the fruit is collected, dried and packed for use. The shell is exceptionally high in 'saponin' which is nature's soap. This saponin content reduces the surface tension of the water so it will remove dirt and leave fabrics, soft and clean.
Note: If your berries are stuck together this is the awesome saponin which cleans your clothes - just separate as you would sticky sweets stuck together.
Australian Soapnuts work direct with the growers in the community so ensure all revenue goes to that community. They are 100% focused on spreading the news about soap nuts around the world.
Why are soapberries so fantastic?
- Easy to use and reusable
- Soapberries (also known as soap nuts) are a natural alternative to traditional laundry detergents and soap.
- Hypo-allergenic. Perfect for those with allergies or sensitive skin.
- Money saving. Soapberries cost around 10c per wash load for a 1kg bag. Compared to conventional washing powders, they can save you a great deal over the course of a year.
- Completely synthetic chemical free, grey water safe, septic safe and fully compostable.
- Soapnuts are 100% sustainable, and their use ensures that deforestation is reduced in the Himalayas.
- Soapnuts eliminate the need for fabric softeners as they leave clothes feeling soft and fresh.
- Soapnuts can be used in any area of the home. They can be used as laundry detergent, shampoo, hand wash, household cleaner, body wash and have many more applications.
- Anti-bacterial and anti-fungal.
- Not tested on animals.
- Perfect for babies and children as they are extremely gentle yet effective.
- Reduces pollution.
- Soapnut trees are often subject to deforestation, so purchasing them ensures that they are maintained as a form of income for the community, thus reducing deforestation.
- No pesticides, fertilisers or chemical treatments have been used in the growing or storing process. This ensures that nothing but 100% natural organic products are used in your home.
- Nothing is more precious than your health and the health of your family. Conventional soaps and detergents contain a veritable cocktail of chemicals, capable of causing untold health problems now and into the future.
100% Australian owned company.
- Simply add 5 whole shells (or equivalent) to the provided wash bag, and throw it in the machine... its that simple!
- Each set of shells will do approx 5 wash loads, depending on water temperature and wash cycle, etc.
- You can make a potent multi-purpose liquid by boiling the berries for 15 mins, and use the liquid for anything from a shampoo to a cleaner.
By: Renee on 6 December 2017Love soap nuts! Been using them not just for laundry but cleaning and even in the bath!
GreatBy: Teldav on 6 December 2017Really like these, they leave the fabric lovely, clean and soft. No strong smells, just a pleasant refreshed sent. Also great that you can utilize them to make other cleaning products once done with in the laundry. Love that they go straight in the compost and are 100% natural!
Nuts for the nutsBy: Majella on 23 November 2017They are awesome, loving washing with them, everything's clean and smells nice. Just needs a better bag to wash them in. I'm just using an underwear bag with the zipper for it. Thanks heaps
SoapnutsBy: shelley Fitness on 29 August 2017Love using these . They tend to escape from the little bags so I double bag them and that seems to work. Clothes seem softer, saving heaps on laundry products.
Soap nutsBy: Deborah McMillan on 8 June 2017Totally sold on the first wash - handled dog beds, filthy towels, whites - colours - truly fantastic product - and I have sold 2 colleagues on them already - will definitely repurchase