SoapNuts Australia - 5 washes Trial Bag
A Natural, Ethical Alternative to Washing your Clothes
Easy to Use, Lasts 5 washes
Biodegradable, Grey Water Safe and Septic Tan Safe
Multiple Uses including Household Cleaner, Handwash etc.
or make 4 payments of $0.50 with
SoapNuts Australia Soap Nuts, Biodegradable, Wild and Eco Friendly, a Natural Alternative to Laundry Detergent, in a trial bag for 5 washes, available at Flora & Fauna.
The trial bag is ready to be popped in the washing machine and will result in 5 washes, perfect to try soapnuts.
Soapnuts are the natural alternative to traditional laundry detergents and fabric softeners. They are often called 'soap berries', because they are actually a fruit!
Soapnuts are the fruit of the Sapindus Mukorossi tree, which grows in several different regions around the world. These soap nuts come from the Swat area of the Hazara District in Pakistan, direct from the community who wild harvest them. The shell of the fruit is collected, dried and packed for use. The shell is exceptionally high in 'saponin' which is nature's soap. This saponin content reduces the surface tension of the water so it will remove dirt and leave fabrics, soft and clean.
Note: If your berries are stuck together this is the awesome saponin which cleans your clothes - just separate as you would sticky sweets stuck together.
Australian Soapnuts work direct with the growers in the community so ensure all revenue goes to that community. They are 100% focused on spreading the news about soap nuts around the world.
Why are soapnuts so fantastic?
- Easy to use and reusable
- Soapberries (also known as soap nuts) are a natural alternative to traditional laundry detergents and soap.
- Hypo-allergenic. Perfect for those with allergies or sensitive skin.
- Money saving. Soapberries cost around 10c per wash load for a 1kg bag. Compared to conventional washing powders, they can save you a great deal over the course of a year.
- Completely synthetic chemical free, grey water safe, septic safe and fully compostable.
- Soapnuts are 100% sustainable, and their use ensures that deforestation is reduced in the Himalayas.
- Soapnuts eliminate the need for fabric softeners as they leave clothes feeling soft and fresh.
- Soapnuts can be used in any area of the home. They can be used as laundry detergent, shampoo, hand wash, household cleaner, body wash and have many more applications.
- Anti-bacterial and anti-fungal.
- Not tested on animals.
- Perfect for babies and children as they are extremely gentle yet effective.
- Reduces pollution.
- Soapnut trees are often subject to deforestation, so purchasing them ensures that they are maintained as a form of income for the community, thus reducing deforestation.
- No pesticides, fertilisers or chemical treatments have been used in the growing or storing process. This ensures that nothing but 100% natural organic products are used in your home.
- Nothing is more precious than your health and the health of your family. Conventional soaps and detergents contain a veritable cocktail of chemicals, capable of causing untold health problems now and into the future.
100% Australian owned company.
- Pop the bag in the washing machine.
- Each set of shells will do approx 5 wash loads, depending on water temperature and wash cycle, etc.
- You can make a potent multi-purpose liquid by boiling the berries for 15 mins, and use the liquid for anything from a shampoo to a cleaner.
Actually worksBy: Janelle on 15 May 2018Only used the product a couple of times but so far so good, clothes came out clean & soft. Amazing how such a natural product can clean clothes, will be buying more!
LoveBy: Anonymous on 3 May 2018Great product
DisappointingBy: Anonymous on 23 April 2018I was so excited to try these and really hoped they would replace my washing powder! But I was very disappointed. The first few things I hung out seemed ok, smelt alright, looked good, then my husbands shirt came out...gave it a sniff and none and the body odour or cologne smell had come out, so it was back into the wash with our regular powder. I wouldn’t recommend. I love the idea and eco friendly nature of this product, but I can’t say it did the job it promised.
In love!By: Amy on 13 February 2018I bought the trial pack and after one wash I was so impressed I ordered a big of soapberries! Love how eco friendly they are and now clean my clothes come out!
Suprised!By: Anonymous on 11 February 2018I got the trial bag, as I had not heard of this product before. I used it, and was amazed as to why I had not heard of soapnuts before! They are such a great alternative to detergent which contains chemicals that I would rather not use. Additionally, no plastic packaging (great for those on a zero-waste lifestyle!).