How Dermal Microneedling Can Improve Your Skin
Author: F & F Date Posted:18 May 2017
You may have heard about microneedling or even tried it at your local beauty salon. It’s very popular, and I have tried it both in salon, and at home, and the results are fantastic with glowing skin. We discuss what it is, and how to do it here.
Microneedling involves using a dermal roller, which is a device with needles on it, and rolling this over your skin to create micro channels. These channels enhance the passage of serum and active ingredients through the outer dermal layer to the targeted areas. It also can help with acne scarring, skin rejuvenation, collagen production and fine lines and wrinkles depending on the size of needle used and longer needles, generally used in salons, can achieve better results here.
It might seem odd to put needles into your face but the results really do speak for themselves.
How do you use it?
If you’re in a salon a therapist will do this for you and they will use longer needles than you have in an at home kit and roll these over your face. Having done this in a salon the experience is incredibly effective although a bit painful for me and I would emerge with very red skin; I did perserve though as the results were so good. I had a couple of enlarged pores and this reduced their size dramatically. So I was ecstatic to see Mukti’s Dermal Roller come out. This roller has 540 needles made from fine titanium alloy that are compatible with human skin. The length of the needles is smaller than a salon being 0.25mm in length and it is really easy to use.
How do I use it and how often.
1) Use the roller 2 to 3 times a week after cleansing thoroughly.
2) Roll over each area of the face gently. First roll up and down over each area 3-4 times then roll horizontally across your face then roll diagonally across your face. This should take 2-3 minutes.
3) Now apply serum from Mukti’s Age Defiance range and press into the skin for maximum absorption.
You may experience slight redness so I recommend doing this at night so your skin can benefit additionally from the cell renewal as you sleep.
- Improves product penetration by up to 40%
- Stimulates the production of collagen and elastin helping with skin tightening, fine lines and wrinkles; the longer the needle the better the result
- Improves acne scarring and pitting (longer needles generally used in salons will have better results here)
Make sure you clean your roller after each use and tea tree oil mixed with a water solution can help you with this. The needles will lose their sharpness after a while and you will want to replace the roller. They can last up to 12 months.