Flora & Fauna is based in Galston NSW and we are very passionate about living ethically, nature and natural alternatives. We seek to source the best natural, organic vegan skin care, make up, body, home, fashion and lifestyle products out there whether it is from Australia or beyond. We have a huge range with over 3000 products and nothing is tested on animals. Not now, not ever. Our resident brand ambassador is Rosie, the Mini (ish) pig. She reminds us everyday how smart pigs, and animals, are and how we should cherish and respect them. She's regularly featured on Facebook and Instagram!
Our purpose is to change the way we shop by educating and only offering products that are vegan, ethically sourced and cruelty free. We aim to be a zero waste business by sourcing and creating plastic free products that are ethically made and offering a recycling solution so that 100% of products sold at Flora & Fauna are recyclable and we have as minimal footprint on the environment as possible.
We are very focused on making responsible decisions, our environment and leading the way in terms of a retailer. We believe we have to make changes to help our planet and ourselves and we are constantly improving what we do. We are very proud of our partnerships with Where Pigs Fly Farm Sanctuary and TerraCycle.
In 2016 we removed the use of plastic from our orders so now our boxes are sent naked, using paper tape. We have saved over a tonne of plastic with this one move. You may receive packing peanuts in your order. These are made from corn starch and are biodegradable. We prefer to use recycled paper shreddies but we do use these on international and fragile orders. However in our 2+ years of operation we have never actually purchased any of these, we re-use ones we receive from suppliers to keep waste moving across the planet. All our boxes are recycled and the shreddies are made from recycled waste paper. In June 2017 we launched our partnership with TerraCycle so everything at Flora & Fauna is now recyclable.
So why shop with us? Here are a few reasons why:
- No Nasties - We source local and global beautiful products which are vegan, cruelty free and also free of sulphates and parabens. Nasties is everything we avoid; if we won't use it we won't sell it.
- Amazing Products - We have exclusive ranges, new products to Australia, local and global products and one of the largest ranges in Australia at over 3000 products; if you can't find what you are looking for tell us and we'll look at getting it.
- Beauty Boxes - We craft seasonal beauty boxes packed full of natural, vegan beauty and lifestyle products all seasonally relevant! They are always great value.
- Gift boxes to make it easy - We have created some stunning, and helpful, gift boxes to wow that special person or even just yourself!
- 100% Vegan - everything we sell is 100% vegan. We believe you can have beautful products without animal products or by products; there are some amazing botanicals out there and we prefer these are used than animal products.
- Eco-Friendly Products - We actively source zero waste, ethical products which have minimal to no impact on the environment and that includes the packaging.
- Recycling Initiative - everything at Flora & Fauna is recyclable so there is no need for anything we produce to go to landfill. Read more.
- Local - Our packaging is recycled, sustainable, local and beautiful in our humble opinion.
- Samples - You are highly likely to get treats in your order so get excited!
- Loyalty and rewards - We have a pretty cool loyalty scheme. No card needed, just log in to your account and earn as you buy. You then choose when to redeem your rewards and they will be available at checkout for you to use.
- We support Where Pigs Fly Farm Sanctuary - central to our mission is our love of animals. We proudly support Where Pigs Fly by selling their merchandise, spruiking their work and also giving 10% of revenue from certain products to them each month. Read more.
In June 2015 we were thrilled to discover we were a finalist for 'Best New Online Retailer' in the Australian Online Retail Awards. We were beaten by a wine retailer; it's hard to top a lovely glass of Pinot on a Friday night so we accepted defeat graciously, and with a few glasses of Pinot!
In July 2016 we became a finalist for 'Best New Retailer', 'Best Bootstrapped Growth Initiative' (it means we are smart with our few pennies) and also one of the Top Five Small Retail Businesses in Australia in the Startrack People's Choice Award as voted by our customers. We're pretty happy with that lot.
In January 2017 our Founder Julie was listed as one of ten Australian Women to Watch in the Remodista Women2Watch Programme. It's great to be able to get some recognition for ethical businesses globally.
In February 2017 we were shortlisted as a finalist in the World Retail Awards for the Responsible Retailing Category. We could not be happier. We are so focused on operating ethically at every level, whether that be working with our brands and suppliers as partners, empowering our team and customers, or seeking out great alternatives to things we use every day which are better for us, our environment and are, of course, vegan and cruelty free. In July 2016 we stopped using plastic bags to send orders out and we have saved over 500kg of single use plastic from going into landfill. That is just one initiative we've worked on. We strongly believe there is a better way to operate a business and we are so happy we are sitting up there with some huge, huge businesses, showing retail and the world change is possible. Read more about the World Retail Awards.
In March 2017 Julie was voted as one of the Top 50 Ecommerce Retailers in Australia and was asked to speak to 200 retailers about responsible retailing, a perfect opportunity to try and convince some of the oher retailers to think about what they do.
In June 2017 we were shortlisted in the Online Retailer Awards for Best Small Business and Best Bootstrapped Business.
Hear more from us in our video.